James Reilly Very Fondly Remembered

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great read, 9 shows? I only know of him writing for Ryan's Hope, GH, DAYS (originally as a staff writer) and Y&R prior to joining GL.

I always wondered how he got hired at DAYS as HW. Yes, GL was great in the early 90's but that was a group effort. I wonder how Corday knew enough about him to originally give him that job, and as we know, it changed DAYS forever.

LOL! at JER hating Corday as far back as 1992!

Oh, and I'm searching like hell for your 1992 GL column. I really need to track it down one of these days, the show was on fire in the early 90's.

• Administrator

Thank you for sharing your memories with us, Marlena! There's so little information about Jim, so it was wonderful to hear new information (at least to me) like: living in Amagansett, growing up in the Bronx, knowing French history, and that he was always laughing (though I'm not surprised about this because it seemed like Jim always had fun writing, and it showed through Passions).

The story about Reilly at NBC experience made me smile. I wish I could've been there to see that. :)

I hope one day, someone will write his biography because I would absolutely love to know more about personal life and his experiences writing for soaps.

Archived