AMC: Tuesday Oct. 14th

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't heard anything definitive but it is quite clear Jack/Carmen does not fall into Pratt's long term fans. They were just used as a plot point to further the main story, Adam and Erica. Which is fine.

I suspect however Carmen is most likely on her way out, and unfortunately I see the same fate soon too for Walt Willey. I know we have thought many times over the last 3 or 4 years that Walt's status with AMC is in danger.

Pratt I don't think wants to revisit Jerica and

..... where is Jack's place on this show?

It will be sad to see another veteran dumped, but we are talking the survival of this show here. If that means losing Walt Willey, I am sad to say so be it. His departure wouldn't erode ratings. I mean the Jerica fanbase is always front and centre on this board, but like daytime viewership in general, fanbases have lost their clout......

• Members

ITA. I agree, and not because I'm a jack hater/anti-jerica but I think the writing is on the wall. He has no kids left on this show, pratt seems in love with Adica, pratt seems to have no interest in writing for jack or carmen unless in direct relation to erica to heat up Adica. I guess you can say he could be involved in binks storyline, but honestly he won't be on that much because the main focus will be on binks,kendall, zach there will be little room for him. The main reason I haven't liked jack is because the character can't stand on his own, he's always riding erica coattails and it brings her character down.imo Susan deserves to be with a quality character/actor and that is with David canary or vincent irizarry. An with certain spoilers turning towards aidan/annie now, that will leave david wide open to probably be apart of erica/adam/kwak/tad circle. Although I thought and still think that david will most likely be paired or be involved with annie, since he is sort of stalking her. :lol:

• Members

What bone is there to throw? If they brought brooke back that would be a good pairing for WW. A contract means nothing to abc, if you aren't needed or wanted its bye bye. I don't think WW is leaving anytime soon, but I think he should worry about his job after RB leaves.

• Members

Which is it... Beall's a precious and funny dialog writer when that's all she ever uses, but Cohen's not -- Cohen, who has written much deeper dialog than Beall ever has?

Elisabeth Hasslebeck much, Steve?

As far as I'm concerned, if you're missing Beall, Y&R could use the ratings boost... Don't let the door hit you where "Kendall the bad bitch witch (oh, so preciously written by Beall)" shoulda kicked you.

• Members

I dont know. Jack has lasted this long. With the exception of his brief relationship with Laurel, he has always revolved around Erica, even while she's moved on and had her own storylines away from him. In fact, Jack is nothing without Erica to define him. Its always been that way

She's never at least watched tv? Thats just common sense really and its something you dont do

• Members

Considering how often that's been disproven, who is the real Hasselbeck in this situation? :P

As far as I'm concerned, you should be the one switch over to Y&R so have something to gripe incessantly about while the rest of us talk about each day's episode of AMC.

• Members

Opal was WONDERFUL--I'm so gladd Pratt's taken a shine to her and I think Jill's having a grand time playing her regularly again.

Y'know... I kinda got Ryan and Greenlee today albeit ONLY kinda--but for the first time. At least Pratt, though I dunno why he's still pushing this story, is bringing it out of character, and histroy--not amnesia and a gunshot to the head and other plot devices that make no sense.

Zach's motives made more sense--he .likes to control the world (I think, largely, it makes sense Pratt is emphasising this tho turning him into Sonny always has me worried) anyway and it often comes from a personal sense of something he felt or lost as a kid when he didn't have that control. He really should be the one seeign a shrink but of course he never would.

However he got that place for Annie, and then basically kicked her out so Kendall, who just showed up randomly, could have sex with him? LOL

I'm not a kid but yeah narc is still pretty much a common word among people my age anyway...It didn't stand out for me

"I loved the Erica/Carmen scenes. I don't think Carmen has ever had a close female friend besides Randi so of course she doesn't know the etiquette that you don't date a friend's ex. I actually thought both women expressed their point of view very well until Carmen turned physical. I'm also glad their friendship is over because it always felt forced to me."

I agree 100%. I love both characters, but I thought what was so strong was you could listen to the argument and kinda see BOTH ladies' sides. Exactly, Carmen doesn't know the etiquette--and she did ask Erica OVER and OVER. Jack and really Erica herself are as much to blame--and there's truth to it that Erica DID at one point push for it because she thought it would send Jack right back to her. But Erica was largely dead on too and it was classic Erica besides (was the ugly dress Carmen was wearing and Erica ripped the one Erica bought for her? I think so--which I found fitting). The argument did kinda come from nowhere partly because it feels like Pratt wants everyone to be in a state of flux and fighting for the tornado but... it also was a long time coming and I don't mind.

I do think it's a shame if we lose Carmen--if only to have a fun character part on the show--something that's lacking with new roles especially for women.

• Members

That's easy enough to say, but having worked a lot with teenagers as a counsellor you really live out the role models you grew up with unless you are consciously aware of it--and not at all from tv for it to really sink in. I don't think Carmen is aware or savvy about some of these things we just tkake for granted.

Jack's survived and I don't think Pratt is dumb to think what AMC needs right now is firing a fairly popular actor who's been on for ages--there was a big chunk in the 90s where he didn't do much and I remember Walt bemoaning in interviews how he thought it was cuz he had gained some weight--and how he had been working out again and was ready to do some leading man stuff lol

• Members

God I thought that was so irritating. And Mommy Kendall got to soothe away his own Mommy issues after he got Annie over there and kicked her out. Zach meddles, poor thing, but he did for Annie's own good because his mommy left him as a young 'un (yet Kendall is a meddling shrew...which she has been of late then so has he). I understand they're trying to establish motivation for Zach, but I am just not liking ThuggyZach. Threatening to disappear people left and right these days. ugh.

Opal was pitch perfect for her role as psychic weather girl, imo.

Adam between Carmen and Erica was fun.

Ryan was an ass today. Annie lost her custody over a gun around Emma, yet Ryan never puts away Aiden's when Emma arrives. And he doesn't get to decide visitation a judge would do that. Oh, wait, I forget rules are different for Ryan. Rebecca's still driving some empathy for Greenlee for me. Cam had done that some recently for me as Ryan, but not since the custody battle. Seemed like same old Ryan to me (though less grabby).

Though I am complaining about the leading men I did enjoy the episode overall.

• Members

God I thought that was so irritating. And Mommy Kendall got to soothe away his own Mommy issues after he got Annie over there and kicked her out. Zach meddles, poor thing, but he did for Annie's own good because his mommy left him as a young 'un (yet Kendall is a meddling shrew...which she has been of late then so has he). I understand they're trying to establish motivation for Zach, but I am just not liking ThuggyZach. Threatening to disappear people left and right these days. ugh.

Opal was pitch perfect for her role as psychic weather girl, imo.

Adam between Carmen and Erica was fun.

Ryan was an ass today. Annie lost her custody over a gun around Emma, yet Ryan never puts away Aiden's when Emma arrives. And he doesn't get to decide visitation a judge would do that. Oh, wait, I forget rules are different for Ryan. Rebecca's still driving some empathy for Greenlee for me. Cam had done that some recently for me as Ryan, but not since the custody battle. Seemed like same old Ryan to me (though less grabby).

Though I am complaining about the leading men I did enjoy the episode overall.

• Members

Yeah I get this--While I liek they're building back up his motivation--something he was lacking for the past, well few years even (again this story of him being distant and frustrated with Kendall started under the past writers but Pratt has at least focused it) I agree I'm not too keen on this direction... One reason is I don't think AMC needs these larger than life "I'm above the law" characters--something AMC has had too much of recently and for me isn't keeping in character with classic AMC--for a hero, even a tortured hero to ALWAYS be acting outside the law might work on DAYS or GH but...

• Members

I'm torn with the Carmen/Erica situation. I really loved how Erica was able to give this girl a second chance. Carmen was hilarious as Adam's new maid. That was the perfect role for her - to be Adam's new maid and Erica's friend. But the Jack pairing totally ruined this friendship and I felt like yesterday was a slap in the face to the months of history made between Carmen/Erica. It felt like AMC was just slapping Carmen in the face and kicking her the F out of Pine Valley. As if they just threw her entire story - her entire learning experience - her entire growth in maturity - all down the drain.

Anyway - ready for the tornado!

Archived