AMC: What new sets would u like to see?

• Members

If something were to happen to rip apart Pine Valley what sets would u like to see gone forever and what new sets would u like to see?

I think it would be very cool if the show brought on an Architec character would design a brand new Condo/Highrise complex where many of the older characters could live and interact everyday with maybe Erica in the PentHouse!

PV also really needs a new eatery and club. I would also replace the Valley Inn.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think, although they share the same set designer, OLTL has far superior sets and AMC could take a leaf out of their book; having sets that arent all tinged with beige and orange would be a step forward, and maybe they could make the lighting more dramatic and less harsh to compliment their new sets. I think maybe a new house for Erica to live in, an improved (and less beige) Chandler mansion, and a new restaurant/gathering place for the PV residents would be a good start. Maybe an elegant townhouse for Zach and Kendall to live in, although if PV is supposed to be a more rural setting (it seems to change daily) then they could perhaps have a house on a sprawling estate.

• Members

I wouldn't mind seeing Erica get a new Erica-worthy home either. I think she should move back to Linden, that's the definitive Erica home of my memories. And of course this won't happen, but this would also be the perfect time to move Erica into a renovated version of Phoebe's house, perhaps Linc sells it to her and suddenly there's a bidding war because Brooke can't stand the idea of Erica in her aunt's home. Or are we to assume that Brooke's already inherited the house and is living in it? Remember Brooke had that HUGE set built for her that was so tragically underused, she had finally gotten out of Phoebe's guest house. Then they did away with Phoebe's set and moved Brooke in with her.

Adam's set is newish, so I'd be a little surprised if it got an overhaul so soon.

Maybe I just haven't been in front of the TV, but does Tad have a house anymore? I feel like I always see him in somebody else's house, or on the street. He had... interesting taste.

This isn't a new set, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing more scenes in Cortlandt manor like we did a few weeks ago.

I would like to see the addition of a place like the boutique but not anything as predictable as a coffee shop or bar, but some type of outdoor promenade where all walks of Pine Valley life randomly bump into each other. Bring back some of that small town feel. I also wouldn't mind little touches like having long time residents refer to all of those random under five/recurring characters by name or ask one how his mother's doing or something from time to time. This tornado's a great op to reestablish the town's (the show's!) roots.

People were talking about this a few weeks ago, but is the show also going to change its overall look/production design? Are they working in some Ellen Wheeler-type stuff? I kind of remember people saying that the "Pne Valley will never look the same thing" meant more than just toronado devastation.

• Members

I think two of the newest sets are crap or at least need improving ---- Zendall's house and Krystal/Tad's house.

Erica for sure needs a new fabulous house all for herself.

I love the ConFusion set. I love Angie/Jesse's apartment. I love the Yacht club. I love Amanda's yacht. I love the new hospital set.

Fusion needs an update.

• Members

Without question Erica Kane needs a new glamorous HOUSE. NOT a penthouse, that thing was just disgusting...no Erica needs a grand house like she always had. The house she lived in before the penthouse was great.

It shocks me that Lucci has tolerated Erica's tacky living conditions for so long.

• Members

That house that was arsoned reminded me a *little* bit of pictures I saw of Susan Lucci's real house in Episodes magazine years ago.

Linden was my favorite. And I don't like this trend of her going in on "dream houses" with her men, like the latest one with Jack, and the earlier mentioned house she was to share with David Hayward. That's why I say Linden b/c she still owns it. I remember her fondly saying, "Goodbye Linden!" when she was moving into Wildwind with Dimitri, and then when they were clashing with Edmund and Maria, Dimitri suggested that they "reopen" Linden and move in.

• Members

Any new sets would be welcomed, but Julie Hanan Carruthers has some of the most tackiest and horrible taste in production values/set design. She tends to love these ugly pastel or bright colors, which doesn't compliment the ugly white lighting she uses on the show. I know ABC EP's have no creative power in terms of storyline, but the production itself is all Julie. I really wish Frons would fire her ass, and do it soon.

• Members

Tad needs a new house. Him and KWAK's home is seriously ugly. Damn thing don't even have a dining room.

ConFUSION needs to be replaced by a chic and trendy night club. Think an updated version of SOS. Maybe Amanda can run it.

The Chandler mansion needs to be remodeled. How many years have we seen that set?

Dump Greenlee's penthouse. Let her buy a mansion. With tunnels as well....so she can hide from Ryan.

• Members

I feel like this is Pratt's effort to wipe the slate clean and refocus the entire canvas. Destroying businesses, homes, common places and reconstructing the town in a more functional way, placing emphasis on characters he feels need it more, which from all interviews SOUNDS like Erica, Adam, and unfortunately Fusion. Who really knows, but I feel we at least will get new homes for Erica and Adam out of this, because Erica's been floating without a definitive home for a LONG time, and Adam's Chandler mansion doesn't have that same grand feel that it did before they downsized it. When OLTL can have the Llanfair sets and La Boulaie sets, plus the Buchanan mansion, the Buchanan Ranch in Texas, Todd's new house, a sprawling hospital, the Palace Hotel, the LPD, Roxy's Hotel, the Hair Haven, Carlotta's Diner, The Bon Jour Diner, Ultraviolet, Capricorn, Rodi's, Angel Square, the High School... I can't even name that many sets for AMC anymore.

The fun about the tornadoes is that they don't have to hit everything, they can just whack whatever Pratt wants to destroy, and leave other things untouched.

Archived