Linda Dano on JFP

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well of course I disagree with some of your points lol, cause I think Skye fit in seamlessly with the Quartermaines (and her arrival brought back a rebirth of the Quartermaines, and she took the place that Tracy left when JE left the show, a point in which Stuart Damon even agreed) but when Mctavish was writing her the character flourished, but the minute Guza came in that is when Skye became lost in his vision. First she was sacrificed at the altar of Saint Brenda lol, and then for some insane misguided reason Guza went back and REWROTE already rewritten history and made Skye not a Quartermaine. I think Guza ruined Skye, along with the Quartermaines because he simply hated all things with the last name Quartermaine.

But back to the original point, I have always enjoyed things JFP has done....its just she can only be as good as her head-writer. And sadly right now, that is simply piss-poor at best.

• Members

I have to agree that McTavish was pretty good with the Q's. They were still a premier family. Skye was so much fun in the group too. I loved how it went from Edward loving her to despising her instantaneously. I also loved that though her love for Jax flourished, she never stepped outside the realm of the Q's. The Q's still had a family story. It saddens me how much the opportunities for such stories have passed.

• Members

Didn't JFP pretty much destroy AW.Didn't she kill off popular Frankie Frame in a horrible brutal way.Didn't she kill Ryan off too.Two of my favorite couples on Aw was Frankie and Cass and Ryan and Vicky.Was she the one that fired the first Lorna can't remeber her name.

• Members

The thing about it is Linda Dano is a big JFP fan and a friend. It was JFP's idea in 1999 when AW was canned to bring Dano to OLTL and Angela Shapiro decided to have Dano travel everywhere. The result was a bomb. The character did not fit on any cast. JFP friends will all say she is the best producer ever and she rocks but the other side ala Robin Strasser will give you the JFP horror stories. You either are in JFP's back pocket or she freaking hates you. She makes that known as well. She has fired three pregnant ladies which were Laura Koffman, Lesli Kay, and Keri Wuher. Lesli Kay said JFP was a nightmare to work for. Lesli has only said great things about her other producers which were Felicia Behr, Chris Goutman and Brad Bell but JFP was horrible to her. Lesli said when JFP axed her it hit her family badly financially. JFP does not care about squat. She used her power to get Strasser blacklisted from ABC for 3 years. So anyone's interpretation of JFP depends on what side are you on, her list of pals galore or enemies. If you are JFP's pal she gushes you, hugs you, worships you and treats you like a king or queen. If you are her enemy she will do anything to fire your ass. I heard a horror storyline when she was at AW she practically almost fired the whole AW team. This is an infamous JFP story she walkes into a writers meeting at AW and practically rips up all the pages the writers wrote and said if things were not done to her satisfaction that they better start looking for another job. The woman is pure evil but she has stayed in daytime for over 20 years as an exec. The reason why JFP knows how to tout the party line and kiss ass like she does with Brian Frons, prove she is a tough producer, a shark and get the job done. She has mastered politics, does that make her smart or a bitch and for her it does not matter who she stepped on to get to that point in her career.

• Members

For me, whatever skills she used to posess when it came to producing drama have left her in her tenure at GH. On OLTL, I still saw some great production and acting, but on GH, most of the notes fall flat, and many of the actors are no longer going for it with the material, and she should set the pace for them to do so. She trained under Monty, and that woman could get her people to produce and act the hell out of anything, even carbonic snow. JFP has lost a lot of what used to make her a good producer.

And the GH hospital set is now really ugly, with those tan backsplash tiles. I never saw an ugly JFP show until GH.

• Members

JFP has had a daytime career most people in the industry would kill to have. She first started out as a production assistant on GL in the mid 70's, when the show was being EP-ed by the great Allen Potter, she then moved to GH where she became music director. Who knew years later she would EP both of those shows? Success stories like that are so rare.

Like JER, who of course passed a way over the weekend, JFP is an equally controversial and polarizing daytime figure. I'd argue that the two of them are the most controversial figures to hit the daytime world over the past 20 years.

And I agree, the sets on GH are horrible. I can't believe the same woman who had exquisite taste in sets at SB, GL, AW, and OLTL stands for the utter crap that is GH's sets. But again, JFP doesn't roam free at GH as she has with past shows, so I don't know exactly how much blame there falls on her.

Archived