Y&R: Week of October 13, 2008

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word. Everything that involved the Chancellor Party was so beyond awesome. There were so many layers there; the Cane/Billy rivalry, Jack's desire for Jabot, foreshadowing, awkwardness, family dynamics, it was really so good. The scene were Katherine was talking about Phillip was just heartbreaking.

I also really love it when Nikki gets to play the "haughty society bitch" she can pull it off so well, and it's so true to her character. And, I am so happy that you feel that way about AL, I have been thinking the same thing for the last few episodes: Suddenly, I am finding it so much easier to accept her as Victoria.

As for Adam and Heather, I really like them together. They have a nice relationship and I love the way Heather acts around him when they were talking about Victor's letter at the GCAC. On a shallow note, VB looks awesome with her hair like that.

Loved the Michael/River/Eden/Gloria/Jeffrey stuff, very well done. Did you guys notice the music that started a little before the police called Lauren? They played it for a little while, before abruptly changing the score, but it is one of the best ones. Speaking of music, very nicely, artfully done. And the directing was phenomenal. LOVED Micheal's vow for revenge, and Jeffrey pulling out the cream.

And a nice cliffhanger!

• Members

Paul Rauch looks good.

The background music is getting better everyday- old school Y&R.

Lighting is still good (Keep Paul away lighting designers!!)

The beginnings of the Kay/Marge storyline has me loving the show again. Its actually old school Bill Bell just like Jeanne said...

The show has a sense of stability and consistency that is showing onscreen.

Alot of the other stories are draggy, but I am loving Nikki and Elizabeth Hendrickson.

And could this Billy recast be any better? This guy looks so smarmy and NOT "soap opera" attractive. And it totally works.

The guy has great charisma on camera.

• Members

Liked that the Michael/Lowell scenes were short and over and done with minimal hammy acting from Leblanc/Gross.

How long is Lowell/River going to hang around?

Hopefull he & Eden will leave soon.

I thought the Loveline scenes were embarassing.

I have no interest in Amber/Daniel/Phyllis.Someone agree with me that Phyllis is a shrew!!

Also,Colleen/Lily/Billy/Cane etc is a bust.

Thank G that Katherine & Jill saved the show.

Nikki just had to tear up and stare at photos.A light workday for MTS.

Interesting that Melody wasn't at the 9000th celebration,although she was in that ep. I wonder if her scenes were taped another day.

• Members

Well, much of interest here. Thanks for these. It is almost as interesting who was NOT at the celebration as who was.

It is nice to see Rauch continuing his tradition of talking to the ladies, young and old. Interesting to see Goddard is such a casual guy.

Did you all see Thad's JEANS, as he walked out the door, on yesterday's US ep? I haven't seen jeans so tight on a man in forever. They suited him, but helped explain why he has been off screen so long. He was in his dressing room trying to get into those jeans :).

I never notice fashion -- never -- but that outfit on Jeanne is about the most stunning thing I have ever seen.

Archived