Y&R: Week of October 13, 2008

• Members

Common, we're surely in the minority here wanting an intelligent heroine instead of a bobble head bimbo. The majority of people sitting at home don't want to see someone who is a size 8 when there are all these starving size 0 artists out there who are much more deserving.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:rolleyes:

You really have no idea, do you?

Yes, I do too. I miss her annoying, babyish voice and the way she constantly looked like she was about to fall asleep. *sigh* I mean really, who wants to see an attractive, talented actress who actually looks like she wants to be there? What WERE TPTB thinking when they ditched Spam in favor of caviar?

*cough*Sharon*cough*

So it's all about size for you? For me it's more about talent, but to each their own.

• Members

Just saw it. Absolutely amazing. A really well written, directed and scored episode. I agree about the music fitting with each location.

I really get the impression MAB and Paul Rauch (my fears about him have been allayed for now) are choosing their individual episode writers, directors, etc very carefully.

Again, I can't stress enough how good the Jack/Adam scenes were.

• Members

First of all, the production on today's show was again.....wonderful. The background music - particularly the scenes with Jack/Adam - is great. I'm glad that so far, Rauch hasn't messed with the lighting. If anything, it may have gotten a little darker lately.

I really liked the voice bleed-overs today as well. It really made those scenes flow very well. The Sabrina voice over in the last scene, along with the opera, was awesome.

I'm glad we had a break from the Baldwin/Fishers today.

Oh, snap! Some pretty interesting cliffhangers today too. Sharon/Jack, the Diary, Heather/Paul......and the FIRE?!?!?!?! WOW.

• Members

Agreed. The direction and editing have been wonderful. Now I usually don't like weird scene transitions, but I loved how in the first Jack/Adam scene, Jack walks past Adam, blocking out the scene instead of the usual fade to black. Just don't get too creative now.

I dunno. Rauch usually starts off quite strong. He helped bring up the production on GL, which had gone downhill in the years after JFP moved to AW. But then went off on some of his characteristic production mistakes. Of course, that was also GL, which is (edit: which was) a completely different show in terms of its power hierarchy.

• Members

The idea of Jack 'chanelling' Victor was cute /amusing for maybe one scene,but 2 days of it was way over the top.

While Peter Bergman was chewing the set apart,Adam sat there looking pained.

Loved how Nick is supposedly so busy saving Newman to spend much time at the magazine,but all we see is him chattin'

Nikki looked way better with hair down and looser clothes.

Apart from plot reasons,why did Jack have to book a motel to talk into a tape?.And why would the credit card company call to query that booking?

• Members

^^^Jack booked the room so no one would know what him and Adam were doing. They couldn't very well do that on CL's patio like they seem to do everything else. And the credit card company calling kinda makes since given who Jack is. Do you REALLY think a man of his wealth would actually stay in a crappy motel like that?

• Members

In a way though, I find Y&R is kinda boring without Chloe and the gang. Maybe its because I think that what Nikki is doing is stupid and unnecessary and I'm just not that interested in Sharon, and the Newman's these days. While I still like Michael and Lauren, Eden is so unnecessary and is not growing on me at all.

If this thread is any indication, wasn't Y&R getting 14 pages of discussions when the show was a little more exciting?

Archived