Y&R: Does anyone actually NOT like Chloe?

• Members

Am I alone in saying that I DETEST her? Normally I would love a bitchy character like Chloe, but this is more of a "GET HER OFF MY SCREEN" hate than a "love to hate". Whenever she fights with someone, I root for the other person. There is just nothing appealing about this character (or actress) IMHO. I don't see what everyone else seems to see in her. On a shallow note, I don't think she's attractive either - at all. And I know I'm in a small minority here, but I actually think a recast would be the best thing for this character.

Thoughts?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am sure others out there do hate Chloe, but i am not one of them.

She is everything this show needs. She has ties to the past, She is smart, sexy, sassy, and knows how to do her job well. Her job fits in with the storylines of the show. Shes a bitch, but not a cartoon. She has layers. Shes complex.

Then there is what really makes this char work. the actress. Liz is awesome. She rocked it on AMC as both Frankie & Maggie. She was great on IB and she was a breath of fresh air on Y&R. She really becomes Chloe, and its rather amazing to watch.

As for look, Liz H. is a beautiful woman.

• Members

I detest Chloe as well. I don't find anything about her worth rooting for and I think that she's annoying. There are some schemers on soaps that I am fans of. On Y&R I love Jack and Gloria, I love Billy, and I'm sure he is going to end up doing a lot of scheming.

But I don't like Chloe, I don't think she's entertaining or sympathetic. When this storyline is over I want to see her get served a huge helping of comeuppance and I want her written off the show. Amber, another schemer that I don't like and who I feel has way overstayed her welcome can follow her.

IMO, if this happened the show would still have more than enough schemers up there including Jack, Jeff, Gloria, The rest of the Fisher/Baldwin clan, Brad, probably Billy, Adam sometimes, etc...

• Members

For me it's more about the way that the character is written that causes me not to like or to support her in any way.

She comes to GC and tries to break up Cane and Lily. After seeing that Cane is not interested in her, she gets him drunk and then stages it like they slept together. She claims that he’s the father of her baby and they marry.

But he can’t stand her and she doesn’t even love him. She didn’t scheme to get with him because she was in love with him, like other characters on the soaps have done in the past, so that reason doesn’t explain her actions.

I also don’t think that the biggest reason she is doing this is because she is a golddigger either.

It does seem like she likes the idea of being wealthy and being apart of an important family. Being married to Cane, and saying he fathered her child gives her those things.

But I think that Billy is her baby's dad and that she knows that he and Cane are brothers. And since I think that Billy is who she loves, it would have made more sense if she had just told him the truth. He probably wouldn’t have married her anytime soon if she had told him the truth, but she could have gotten him to take a DNA test and prove that he is her baby's dad.

He wouldn’t marry her but at least her child would be well taken care of financially, because Billy also comes from a wealthy family. She would also be connected to that wealthy important family through her child. Not to mention Billy would be forced to deal with her because of their child.

But instead she chooses to scheme and trick his brother a man she doesn’t love, into thinking that he got her pregnant. She then marries him and when he tells her about Billy, she acts like she’s doesn’t want to see him. When he shows up she warns him not to tell Cane about them being involved in the past. Did she honestly think that Cane would never meet his brother?

If she intended to stay married to Cane for a long time, she should have known that he would eventually meet his brother. And what did she expect to happen when they did meet each other and Billy saw her again? Did she expect that Billy wouldn’t bring up them being involved together? If Cane had answered the door before she did, Billy might have told Cane about him and Chloe. But she warned Billy to keep quiet about it, and for now hardly anything that she is doing is making any sense.

She’s in love and pregnant by Billy, but married to Cane who she is claiming is her baby's dad. She wants the man that she loves to be quiet about it, and I think that she is going to let both Billy and Cane think that Cane is the father of her child. So for the time being she’s not going to get a whole lot closer to the man that she loves, because she is not going to tell him about his kid and is going to try and stay married to his brother.

Her telling the truth would make things a lot easier, but I do understand that she is a schemer and that she is not going to do that. However, IMO, her scheming doesn't make a lot of sense and she is neither sympathetic or entertaining.

Chloe is going to end up messing herself over, big time. I think that while she is married to Cane Billy is going to go after Lily, partly because he wants to hurt Cane and partly because he geninuely likes her. I think that he is going to end up falling for her, and then him and Cane are going to duke it out over her and Jabot. It's going to drive Chloe crazy if both brothers are in love with Lily but IMO, it would serve her right.

• Members

Meh. You could have just discussed this in the weekly thread. If we started one "Does anyone actually NOT like Lily/Colleen" it would already be on its 10th page.

Y&R needed Chloe, and I'm glad we got her. More layers will be added to the character in time. She isn't bland, she isn't boring, she doesn't pretend like her past doesn't bother her (there are some characters that have had million tragedies happen and are still acting like they just started with the show).

• Members

The fact that I don't know why she is doing the things that she is doing, is one of the biggest problems I have with the character.

I don't think that she is scheming to get revenge against Cane and Lily, she didn't know them personally prior to coming to GC and they hadn't really done anything to her back when she was starting to scheme like this. I don't think she's doing it to get revenge against Billy and make him jealous, because I think she knows that he doesn't really care about her.

She's not scheming this way because she's in love with Cane and wants to hold onto him for that reason. She's in love with Billy. I don't see why she's scheming to hold onto Cane and pretend like the baby is his and, acting like she doesn't want to be around Billy. She should have also definitely known that Cane would meet his brother eventually and if she intended to stay married to Cane for a long time, she would probably end up seeing Billy again.

I don't think that she is mainly doing this because of the money and power. Cane's got money but so does Billy. She loves Billy and could have schemed to keep him in her life, ending up with money, apart of an important well-known family and with the man that she loves.

She's not scheming to protect someone that she loves and/or cares about.

I don't understand why she's scheming. I think that it could be possible that she is scheming just because she can. I know that there are times when some soap characters do that. Richie on AMC did that. IMO, Gloria does that sometimes, schemes because she can. But IMO in order for a character to pull that off they have to be entertaining. IMO, Richie was entertaining, and Gloria is entertaining, but I don't feel that way about Chloe. I don't think she's entertaining or sympathetic, and I don't understand why she is doing the stuff that she's doing. JMO.

• Members

I think Hendrickson is a great actress, but I hate the character. She's too much of a bitch and I hate the tie in they did with her being Kate. It just comes off as a last minute idea that the writers thought, "Hey, it could work. Lets go with it."

Archived