Y&R: Does anyone actually NOT like Chloe?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is hard for me to dislike ANY character. Depending on how the character is written or acted, you can sell me just about anything.

In the recent past, there have been some characters who have made no sense to me...either random add-ons to the canvas or poorly written agendas: three were David Chow, Jeffrey Bardwell, and Adrian Korbel. Only Bardwell still chokes the canvas, and I hope that will end. I would have added Ji Min Kim to the list, but he was so beautifully acted, I overlooked the character flaws.

I am hardpressed to think of ANY character I don't see a point for. So far, I'm not "getting" Ana and Tyra, but I'm hoping their purpose will be revealed and clarified.

I never liked Brittany Hodges, not for a second, and that was a rare situation where neither actress nor character were remotely appealing to me.

On the current canvas, two CRITICAL characters who are being RUINED by poor performances are Lily Winters and Colleen Carlton. I have a genuine historical investment in, and fondness for, both characters...but neither actress is doing it right. It is ironic, because it was Khalil who sold me on Lily...but her inability to emote or play the reality of her emotional history has caused my enthusiasm to wane.

So far, I'm not digging the actress who plays Eden either...but I see the character as potentially exciting and needed on the canvas. I'd love to see Kevin and Michael go all "big brother" for a troubled younger sister.

• Members

You are definitely not alone. I cannot stand her! She's an unsympathetic bitch with NO redeeming qualities whatsoever. EH is a good actress....but after the first 2 months, I started fastforwarding through 95% of her scenes. I have no use for her.

• Members

Ditto Becki

I don't hate Chloe but I find the character to be somewhat pathetic. I expected the independent and worldly cynic to fiercely tackle the challenge of single motherhood. Instead she's become an annoying cliche: terrible childhood, heartbroken, and soon to be misunderstood. I would have preferred her to just show up at the Chancellor estate with her golden ticket, her attitude, and an axe to grind. If the writer's want me to feel sorry for her because of a neglectful mom no can do. I am looking forward to the day she's exposed.

but her inability to emote or play the reality of her emotional history has caused my enthusiasm to wane.

Disagree about Lily. As someone who abhors over-the-top performances, I appreciate the subtlety Khalil brings to the role. She has the ability to bring the emotion to her eyes: hurt, happy, sad, irritated. That's where I always get what Lily is feeling. Lily has become quite resilient and keeps a lot bottled up, it's part of what makes her interesting to me.

Archived