Texas!

• Members

Good question.  It seemed to me at the time, that Reena, Kevin, Striker, and Victoria were created for Another World, and the idea of sending them back to Texas came along later.  Especially since they changed the Bellman family so much, when Texas premiered.  I really enjoyed Reena on AW as Pat's romantic nemesis, since Pat had never really had a long-term enemy before.  That was by far, Pat's best post-Lemay storyline, in my opinion.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

J____ and/or possibly an ardent fan have many sockpuppets which are largely inactive but which @Toups and @Errol inexplicably refuse to ban. Donna should be very carefully regulated at the very least, but I guess that would take too much time away from showing up every four months to tell us you'll be back after lunch.

• Members

Does anyone recall a soap-board member (I think it was on WOST) who re-published his daily summaries of the Hitopah plotline from when he was a boy?

It was really fun because he was a teenager at the time, and his daily musings were interwoven with the plot summaries.  I vaguely recall it as a PDF of his actual handwriting from the time when the soap aired.  I stopped watching Texas after Iris left, so my only memory of the plotline was that blog/board posting.

• Members

What a great memory! Yes, someone had posted the plot summaries back in the early 2000s. It was an over-the-top story that ran for about four or five months and that featured a location shoot during the climax. One of the best parts of the story was the friendship between Ruby and Lurlene, especially as they tried to dispose of Beau Baker's mummified corpse.

• Members

Of all the science-fiction type plots used on nearly all the soaps in the 1980s and 90s, I would say the Hitopah storyline on Texas was the best, even though it gets little attention from soap historians and apparently did not cause a rise in the ratings. I am never a fan of science-fiction on soaps (aside from Dark Shadows), but at least Hitopah was connected to the geographic region of Texas, a Native-American legend (a fictional legend), and the oil business.  So they didn't just pull it from thin air and force it on an otherwise unconnected show.  Although outlandish, it was somewhat organic to the show.  I also thought it was well written and well paced. And they attempted to pull it off as believably as possible.   

Edited by Neil Johnson