Y&R: Vivica A. Fox Coming to GC?

• Members

A chatter on another board (am I allowed to say what board it's on?) is blasting away that Vivica Fox is coming to Y&R as either a Yolonda re-cast or.....Drucilla! Prolly too good to be true but if there is anyone who could play Drucilla it would be Vivica. Her career has been uneven lately and she would welcomed (by me at least) if there was no way to get VR back. And she would certainly make the role of Yolanda more interesting if she were to come on for a short-term role. Didn't DTC have an interview with Viv a while back ago about possibly coming to Daytime? I don't really listen to podcasts (cept for the VR one of course hehe).

EDD - Wasn't Fox once on Y&R as someone else?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Vivica was Stephanie Simmons back in 1995, as per the imdb credits. ;)

Hmmmm.... I like the actress, and since Rowell seems to be doing everything in her power to make every single person at the Y&R team hate her, I guess we need to be looking for a different Drucilla. But Rowell will always be the only Drucilla for me. Always.

• Members

They need to take Yolanda and create a new dynamite black female who could help revamp this family. If Dru isn't Victoria Rowell let her stay dead. If Eric Braeden or Peter Bergman left the roles wouldn't be recast. Yes Bergman is a recast, but at this point he *is* Jack, just like Rowell *is* Drucilla and Jess Walton *is* Jill.

• Members

I don't think this is going to happen. Vivica is no A-lister, but she doesn't "need" Y&R right now, and especially not on a contract basis. I could see her doing a short stint.

I also don't think she'd be interested or comfortable with taking Vicki's part. I don't think it would go over well, Hollywood is a tight knit community. If Vivica does come back, bring her back as Stephanie and beef up the part, giving her some really delicious stuff to do with Adam, I mean Neil.

Archived