AMC: Susan Lucci's 10,000th episode

• Members

That TV Guide clip is a little misleading because AMC the show will be celebrating 10,000 episodes and yes, Erica is an original character and been around for 10,000 episodes but Susan Lucci hasn't done anywhere near 10,000 episodes because she certainly hasn't been in every episode.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even in the early 70s Joe was alwyas one of Agnes' tentpole characters--yeah he had more story back then but for the most part he was a b level character--ther emore for support, to talk to other characters, etc. It made sense to focus on him for the anniversay because of all the characters around him but frankly another show devoted to him--and I love joe--woul dbe deadly dull.

• Members

Jack's better at that then most were. Though, Dimitri was giving him a run for his money for awhile before he took off. I don't have to justify hating J&E though, it's WELL known fact that I do. Have since I was 10 years old. LOL

As for what they should do for Erica, I still think it should be something wild and crazy. Something to let her be her, and really live up the milestone. Flashbacks are just to subdued for her. Though, I guess if she's out doing something crazy and has flashback's along the way, it could work. :)

• Members

Ha, yeah, and it seems to bother every here so [!@#$%^&*] much. Whatever. Enjoy your show. I'm not sure why this place has such a stick up their ass about people not watching and still having opinions. I've never seen it elsewhere. Oh well. SON isn't what it used to be anyway.

• Members

Eric, there definitely was a 25th anniversary special on Oprah. Susan, David, Julia, Walt, Jill, John C., Eva, even Kathleen Noone (and I believe Mark La Mura) made an appearance later in the broadcast. Kathleen talked about how fans she encountered on the street went schizo on her, loving her one moment as Ellen, despising her the next as Claudia from Knots.

It was cool because there were a lot of AMC fans in the audience, and they had no idea of just who was going to be there. Oprah introduced the guests one by one, and as she was giving the character breakdown of her next guest, I remember a lady in the background with her hands ready to clap mouthing "Jack". Of course they introduced Susan last (to MUCH applause), and the panel stood on stage while receivng a standing O.

There were plenty of clips and they played a little AMC trivia. Frances Heflin had passed a few months prior, and they showed some special clips of her. When they came back to the studio, Oprah said, "So we miss her", and Susan replied with tears in her eyes, "I miss her every day."

A guy in the audience who looked an awful lot like Richard Culliton stood up and said that one of his favorite memories was of Billy Clyde and Estelle, how Billy would be in the bathroom over a pot on a hot plate on top of the toilet bellowing to Estelle, "Hold on honey, I'm stirrin' the soup!" He thought that was such a fun, peculiar image.

Another lady (rather annoyingly) stood up and went on and on about how everyone tells her she looks like Erica. They'd recently shown the French maid scene with Erica and Jack in the hotel room, and Susan said, "Well do you have a blonde wig?" I think the lady looked more like Victoria Wyndham, and thought maybe she was confused.

Archived