AMC: Susan Lucci's 10,000th episode

• Members

I was reading the latest TVGuide and it says that, Lucci will be celebrating her 10,000th episode as Erica on AMC this November. Thats just in time for sweps. I wonder what AMC/ABC will do to celebrate it if anything. I hope its a special episode is all about her and that its full of clips from the very beginning. Has there been any news as what the plot may be if they do acknowledge it?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope they do something kind of like GH did with its 10,000th episode by having a surprise party for Audrey's 10,000th shift at the hospital. I hope they can come up with something creative like that for Erica although Im not sure what they could do. Maybe it will be a fantasy episode? Id rather it be real

• Members

No. I dunno I get your point and th eunabortionw as awful but I still think it would be worse, and POINTLESS--a waste of story time, to go back and "undo" it. In All her Children, Agnes Nixon discusses "lopping off" as a essential part of soap writing--that measn not to spend too much time explainign backstory--respect it (which wasn't done here) but you can't waste current eps always explaining eveyrone's past romance, etc (which of courseis still done now--witness Greenlee not mentioning every time that Leo was the love of her life).

• Members

Well mostly I was kidding. At this point even if they fixed it it would do no good, the damage is forever done.

I hope they do, do something fun for her in honor of it. :)

When Susan won her Emmy, they had Erica send herself 19 dozen pink roses before her surgery in Brazil. And 19 was David and Erica's lucky number as well. LOL Those things were cute and didn't take any real time or effort to work in. So they can definitely do it. :)

• Members

I know it's inevitable, but I'm actually against a flashback laden show only because I know that we'll get the same old freaking clips we always get. We really don't need to see Erica and the bear again on her 10,000th.

I would like to see a warm gushy rather quiet episode with just Erica in her home, maybe for like the first time in forever celebrating her birthday(!) with a lazy relaxing day at home. Have her daughters stop by, Myrtle, Opal, Joe and Ruth, Adam, and instead of a bunch of sensational "I'm Erica Kane" clips (okay, a few), I'd like to see Erica's warmer, more touching moments just sitting and talking to Mona or Myrtle, or her kids. With All About Erica, I Love Lucci, et cetera, we already have a great collection of her classic clips, I'd just like to see an ep that focused on her more tender moments, the type of moments that finally won Susan the Emmy.

Archived