OLTL: Week of September 1,2008

• Members

I'm with you...Gigi is not a root- able for me. I would have preferred if she were a more modern younger mom...They could have penned her struggling to do the right thing with no apparent feelings for Rex or Brody. She could have interacted with Brody in a more fair way, and treated him with respect while keeping her mind and heart on her son and working to give him a better life. If FF and JPL have such a amazing chemistry, their short interactions would have spoken to that. With her past relationship with Rex, she may just not be interested in all the "baby daddy drama" and could have been happier keeping him around for Shane as a friend- she could have justified it as Rex not being able to handle obligations, and wanting to start fresh. But instead "she's got this secret!"....she seems annoyed with everyone but Rex- including her kid. Car or no car- she and Rex would make ridiculous parents.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO the show has never been that bad. Yes it had it's cheesy moments and did venture a little off course with the Anniversary shows but the s/l and writing were always there. Although many criticize RC I love the way he ends one s/l and it effortlessly flows right into the next.

As for ES I hear she will be back filming next week :)

• Members

Now for my take on Friday's eppy.

It was by far the best show of the week with all of the cliffhangers. Rex punching Brody, Tess drugging Natalie, Todd kissing Marty, and the computer image showing Marty is aliiiiiiiiiive.

Sometimes I feel like I am watching a completely different show than everyone else because I love RC's writing and OLTL right now. The writing is amazing especially if you have been keeping up with all the storylines. EXAMPLES:

Everyone is mad at Rex for punching Brody. Well, remember when Adriana punched Gigi at the wedding and Shane was p!ssed at Adriana? The same happened here. The way Rex punched Brody, the way he fell to his knees with his hands on his face, to the way Shane looked up mad. Shane is probably going to hate Rex as much as he hated Adriana.

The same for Marcie/Michael/Layla situation. Remember after Adriana left for Paris, Marcie told Gigi maybe now she can go after Rex? BUT today Marcie was telling Michael how could he be dating while they are separated!! ha, loved it! Karma is on the way.

Same for Rex. Rex said today "faking a DNA test is a felony" but Rex did the same with Todd's child. Now Rex is going to recieve his Karma and he will not be able to be a father to his son. Gigi had just told Rex she wanted to tell Shane at the right time but there he goes blurting it out to him out of anger!HA Now what is Gigi going to do?? I doubt she will reveal the truth right then and there because she does not want Shane to hate her.

RC writes KARMA and IMO it is playing out now or will play out in all of these storylines.

As for Todd kissing Marty, I did not think it would happen especially after RC's interview so I still think he is playing us and it will be a daydream.

• Members

That makes three of us then. I thought Friday’s episode was great. It was the perfect balance of suspense (all the cliff hangers), camp (Tess), romance (Talia & Antonio), drama (Michael & Marcie/Shane, Rex, Gigi & Brody) and psychology (Todd & Marty). I was so caught up in the episode all of the great parallels you made Gordon24 were lost on me. I also agree with you on RC`s writing. I had said once before in a post that I felt like RC gave his fans the summer off from all the great drama and tried something different and in my opinion it worked. The ratings are about the same, around a 2.0, but the coveted 12 to 17 age group soared over the summer. As long as they get back to what made the show must see tv leading up to the summer, which I think they are, One Life will be fine.

• Members

I really really hate Tess. Really. She's so dumb. Cannot plot for ish, as Todd mentioned when she summoned him for her lame blackmail. God, someone get her off my screen, leave her backburned, something!! I liked her return, initially. And I hate Natalie and Jared with a passion for their deception. But drugging her and putting her in the secret room with Tina? SO DAMN BORING!!!

Tina is wasted in this Tess storyline. Put her with Todd, already. I'd love to see her as an itchy thorn on his side.

Todd/Marty is very very well done. By far the best on OLTL now. And edited in a way not to overexpose them.

I miss Dorian desperately.

Why the hell was Christian kidnapped? Goddammit!! No more mendorra!!! I loved when christian walked up to Rex and furrowed his eyebrows and threatened him, though. MORE SCARY CHRISTIAN!!!!

The teen storyline is boring.

Blair and Todd and Marcy and Michael are boring. RC putting Layla and Michael together even for 5 seconds is plain wrong. God what a waste. Just fire her already.

Clint going after Langston is really dark. There's not as much weight on this, though, since Dorian has been off the canvas. I'm sure it'll be more urgent whenever she returns. I don't want Nora to remain with him over this, though. That'd go against character.

• Members

I've been enjoying OLTL, too. Although I think the stuff I enjoyed was probably everything everybody else hated! The Marty-Todd kiss was shocking -- especially the fact that Todd leaned in to kiss her. However, it has been a fascinating psychological study and I have been gripped. Todd appears to have kidnapped Marty just because he could. Then I wondered whether he took care of her because he wanted to atone and felt this was his chance to play the good guy for once. Now, with the kiss, I'm thinking Todd has entered loony-world. Either he thinks this is going to magically erase the rape... or he seriously wants to f*ck Marty's mind up.

The other scenes I enjoyed were Tess and Natalie. Yes, it was soapy and hammy but the vibe between these "sisters" I really enjoy. Tess appears to be making it up as she goes along. I know she's hated here because her presence appears to have dumbed down other characters. Although lord knows Tina and Natalie were never the sharpest tools in the shed.

Marcie/Michael/John/Blair? Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I know I'm meant to love them, especially Saint Marcie and Michael of the Blessed Earnestness. My brain gets drowsy whenever they come into view. Blair sounds like she is trying too hard with John. I don't know whether KDP is doing this on purpose, but Blair is laughing too hard at John's jokes (!) and just wanting to make herself noticed around him. I like the John-Blair chemistry, but she is moving way too fast into the relationship for me. So just imagine how whip-fast she must be moving for Mr. NonCommitment!

• Members

Wow, Friday's episode was pretty good. It finally seems to me that things are finally starting to get tied together, and begining to flow as well.

I actually liked the McBains and Blair at Capricorn, of course for me I've always been unbiased bc I had quit watching the show when Malone first introduced the family, and even when Higley wrote I still didn't watch the show as much.

I like Michael and Leyla. They should show us more of Brody and Leyla though! Now that's a pairing I could get behind one hundred percent!

Blair and John are growing on me. Everytime I think I'm ready to be one hundred percent for them, I'm always turned off by scenes like when they're having sex...I dunno why.

I'm loving how the Tess/Natalie story is playing out.

My only gripe about Rex/Gigi/Brody, bc I've enjoyed their story ever since they left Texas, is that the cliffhanger with Brody getting punched and Rex blurting out that Brody isn't even Shane's father should have been played out better on screen. Ugh, again, Valentini and Co. get in the way of RC's writing again!

Keep up the good work RC!

Archived