OLTL News: The camp continues.........

• Members

*sidesteps the rumble*

I think what's happening here is a personality shift on the part of the show. RC has been on board a year minus the strike and now he's had time to make the show look the way he wants it too. He's apparently decided that he wants the show to have a camp factor. It sounds like its going to be a fairly consistent part of the the show. People who aren't interested in that kind of soap are going to chafe and re-evaluate whether they want to watch that kind of show.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with you...I called this one over 6 months ago, when the Go Red was being played out for sweeps. I also called out Gigi during the same month as being a downhill character. He's not the worst writer, he just wasn't a guy that should've been head writing past the strike- not fired, just a new person appointed to sit second chair. I think his cleanup was good, but I noticed he cleaned the show up to the point in time that he probably started watching/writing. He writes how he thinks and the emotion is all gone.

As for the positive comments- I took them for hope since we can't judge by what people don't do- his ride up until Christmas was a decent cleanup- but he has not one original thought in his file cabinet.

• Members

when Andrea Evans returned with that ridiculous s/l I thought to myself- Passions is getting canceled. Maybe he wants to lure those numbers to OLTL. Make them think the magic of Passions can be seen on OLTL---

Didn't passions first air in the summer and picked up a multitude of loyal fans in OLTL's target demographic? As a person over 21- I'm obviously not in his target demographic.

Archived