OLTL News: The camp continues.........

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL is still entertaining. Relax and enjoy the show for what it is (a daytime drama).

OLTL was never perfect and never will be - no matter who writes it. Anyone remember Al and CJ buried underground?

There are always stories/characters which entertain and grate. Enjoy the ride - that's why it's still on the air.

If you don't like it - don't watch it and don't comment. Spouting trash and wishing the current writer will fail - just to proven right is wrong. Eight soaps left...what's the prize for being right??

Billoltl :P

• Members

You are right — Bill Bell made mistakes, Agnes Nixon made even bigger mistakes. I never said people believed Carlivati could do no wrong, although... Looking back... Some might have thought so. Even to this day, this mindset that Ron is just better than anyone else right now, that he's a godsend, a true saviour pervades this board and everything surrounding OLTL threads. Every time someone mentioned in that weekly or ratings thread that Ron sucks, a whole phalanx would come out and start shooting at the person who said it. It was just a no-no to say Ron Carlivati is a mediocre writer. At best. Just take a good look at this thread and what happened weirdly enough just after I and not someone else said he sucks. It's just unbelievable.

Then people, probably to make themselves feel better for liking trash, start making all sorts of excuses how "Oh, it's the haters again", "No one said Ron was unmistakeable", blah, blah. That sort of cr*p a sane person cannot fight against. (Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.)

Everyone feels that if I say Ron sucks, it's a personal attack. Which most certainly it never is.

Yeah, they liked the work and they didn't allow other to express negative views about it. And pretty much half of those who "liked" it, faked it. For whatever reasons... :rolleyes: I don't mind the fact that people like it — although I have a hard time understanding the sheer amound of praise he receives — I mind the fact that others aren't allowed to say he sucks. Because once you say it, the people from the caves will start shooting at you with the impossible amount of bullets.

A good writer — in my opinion — cannot write stupid stories. That's just contradictiory; by definition, a good writer doesn't write bad stories. But the problem with Ron is not that; the problem is he was never good, he was mediocre at best. Look at the takeover, that story everyone was waiting for — it was sloppily written, terribly acted and appaullingly directed.

And yes, a bad writer can get it once. At least.

I have no idea why you get involved when you always get embarrassed and burnt after you leave a discussion. You're a really good guy, Lee, but this is just... Out of your sphere of "interests".

• Members

Stating your opinion, acknowledging it as your opinion, and moving on is different from what several people like to do here. Instead, they feel that they are some sort of higher-ups who pity the poor people who could possibly find enjoyment in watching something that they personally didn't enjoy. Saying "Well, I'm not getting the love for Carlivati at all, I think the show is horrible, I no longer watch it, it's [!@#$%^&*]" is different from saying "How do you people watch this? It's trash, and you all know it, and it's pathetic that you're singing this man's praises."

Stuff like this is what I'm talking about. You can't just say that you don't like Carlivati's work and that you don't think he's a good writer. You have to try to stir up [!@#$%^&*] with people for no reason at all. Who cares if they're faking it? Is their faking it threatening you're dislike of Carlivati's work? Why does it bother you so much?

• Members

See, you're putting words in my mouth. Again. I never said that, and certainly I would never use that phrasing.

And why should I care how they feel? This is a message board, nothing is personal here. I never said "You're a moron because you like Ron Carlivati's work." The fact that people feel threatened and offended is not my problem when none of it was my intention. People obviously have a hard time gettig what I say; maybe it's because they read one of my post and conclude all sorts of things, maybe it's because of other things...

When did I stir things up? It was you who started it all with asking me for an explanation; and all your friends popped up and sang praises of you and your post. And started stirring things up. I just stated my opinion, you came and attacked me.

• Members

Um... who are you? When have I gotten embarrassed or burnt after leaving a discussion? Sylph, I am not sure where your negativity comes from but if I leave a discussion it's probably because I've lost interest. As for why I got involved, I just think it's silly for you to feed off Carlivati's failures as a writer. And what exactly is in my sphere of "interests?" There's totally no reason for personal attacks here.

• Members

It seems like forever. And much of the camp has revolved around Tina and Andrea Evans time on Passions, known for it's camp, makes it seem like longer. And the rest of the camp has revolved around Rex and Gigi and IMO that adds to the discomfort for the long term fans. It's a departure from the norm and it makes me uneasy. I little bit of camp goes a long way.

• Members

You've asked before why you are met with such "resistance" and this post is a perfect example. I don't think you intend to come off this way, but this is perhaps one of (if not THE) most condescending posts directed at a specific poster I've ever seen. I have no idea what AMS said or did before, but she's always been respectful to me, even when we disagree. If you want to be treated with respect you have to extend that courtesy as well.

Archived