AMC : Recast or not?

• Members

Also don't take this to the bank just yet, but I am hearing that a certain AMC younger leading lady's character will be recast yet again. Coinciding with this news is a new audition script that was just released by ABC for the role of Nia (not her real name). The script for Nia is basically the exact same script that was used to cast for the role of Edie (as we later learned this was a recast for the role of Colby). Now they are calling her Nia. It was amusing to fans at the time because a rep for AMC had just denied that the role of Colby was being recast and yet one week later it was announced that they were not only recasting the role, but already had a new Colby in place (expect denials again).

by Raven Beauty

Yeah, I know she's not a reliable source, but I sooooooo hope this one is true. NotColby needs to go and they need to bring Ambyr back.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really hope they're getting rid of NuColby...she sucks! Either bring back Ambyr, or try and get Linze Letherman or Stephanie Gatschet for the role...a newbie who cant act is NOT what AMC needs right now.

• Members

Here's my prediction:

I'm hearing that some on the cast may be leaving by the end of the year. I can't confirm exactly who it is, or what their exit story will be, but it'll happen. If you remember a few months ago I called that someone on the show would be leaving and it turned out to be Sydney Penny & Ambyr Childers.

by SK

:lol:

• Members

I wish AMC would make up their damn minds if this is true. I am just starting to warm up to Brianne.

Raven Beauty I heard quit doing her columns because it was too much work :huh:

Yeah I bet she gets quite a few headaches from spinning those fairy tales of her's.

• Members

Oh ok thanks. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what cast changes Chuck Pratt will make. I just hope they are the right ones. I'd personally drop both Dre and Cassandra. They are adding nothing to the canvas. Cassandra started with potential but now I just see her as a waste of airtime. Shift the focus on Angie/Jesse/Frankie.

Colby and Petey I guess could work, but honestly I'd shift Colby to the backburner when she goes to PVU this fall, and bring Skye back on (who could also work as a love interest for Tad)

• Members

I feel sorry for Justis Bolding...she's not the BEST actress in the world but she's not the worst. They should give her something really good to get her teeth into and she can hardly play the daughter of Tina if they're not writing her like the daughter of Tina. Look how much more interesting Adriana got as the bitch, why not do the same for Sarah? I'd rather they altered the character and kept the actress, than brought in a recast for more of the same bland writing for the character.

• Members

I can't imagine they would replace Brianne this soon. They gave AC, who was far worse when she started IMO, alot more time to improve.

But there is this script out they used to re--cast Colby so it looks like Pratt is bringing on a teen girl one way or another. I really hope he is not planning on casting an entire staff of newbies for Fusion, the working-class girls suffering under Kendall & Greenlee.

• Members

I hope they're not re-casting Colby, I think Brianne Moncrief is doing a great job, and imho is the best Colby so far.

This "Nia" may be a Cassandra re-cast, since Nelson from TGCa recently stated that Yaya DaCosta was being axed as Cassandra. I hope former Y&R fave Davetta Sherwood(ex-Lily) gets the part (if it's Cassie).

Archived