Do you miss racy love scenes?

• Members

Build up, build up, blablabla. Seriously, soaps-fans have to be the most ignorant viewers of all. They live in this fairytale world where everyhing is perfect and a couple have perfect sex (ops, love making I mean) everytime and they always tell eachother how much they love one another. And if a character has sex with more then two people in their lifetime they are sluts (see Kate Roberts), because in the fans fairytale world it's only allowed to sleep with the soulmates.

I don't care if they have love scenes on soaps, why? Because US soaps can't do it realistic, partly because of their pathetic no-nudity rule. When you see people say that EJ and Samis sex scene was the hottest in daytime history because of "how much" skin they showed, you know there's a problem.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that's key. I don't really care about how much skin is showing or how risque the scenes are. I mean they had Claudia Reston practically simulate oral sex with Nash. I have no objection to oral sex, but that love scene did nothing for me because I wasn't invested in either character or their stories.

Why is that ignorant? Some people like fairytales. It's just a preference, not stupidity.

• Members

Define racy.

This is so true.

Like the scene where Carly and Sonny on GH had "grief sex" in his limo a few weeks back. I guess it was "racy" by Daytime standards -- we had Carly fiddling with his zipper, pulling off her own panties, straddling the Magic Penis, etc. The scene went on and on and on. Even though we had Carly moaning loudly (I presume with pleasure?), it didn't feel particularly pleasureable to watch.

I contrast this with a scene between Todd and Evangeline back on Higley's OLTL. Even though I hated what she did to OLTL, the scene was enthralling (for me, anyway). Van and Todd were sharing a bed up at Llantano mountain resort. It was very contrived in that it was cold and he held out his arms for her to keep warm. She crawled into them and then they kissed like the kissing itself was making love (if that makes any sense). That was all it was, just kissing but I actually had to fan myself after that because it was the way they kissed.

Oh! And the raciness of the love scene should be true to the arc of a particular couple's relationship. Obviously, ONS happen on soaps and IRL. But some couples are rushed to a sex scene before we the audience even know whether to root for them or not.

Archived