AMC: Pratt's plans for Fusion-TV Guide

• Members

That is blasphemous. Spike Slater, son of Kendall and Zachery aka Alexander Cambias, isn't the bearer of that feat....it's the man who supplied the sperm to knock his mommy up....Ryan Lavery (who, IMO, doesn't count as Spike's daddy).

Lol, how's that for an agenda.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ryan :wub:

Yeah Kendall & Erica working together for too long, someone would end up bleeding :lol:

Maybe Kendall could do some consulting for Erica every so often, but focusing on running a company she started and NO interlopers are part of.

Seriously Fusion is just propping central. They stick characters there they seem to have NO idea what do with

• Members

I'd like to see what would happen if Erica's former love, Brandon Kingsley, were to return to PV and ask Kendall to take-over her mother's ailing former employer, Sensuelle Cosmetics. I mean, if we're going to have a cosmetics war, at least let's do it right, lol.

• Members

Fusion was created as a SATC knock-off, IMHO. Think about it: Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte. Kendall, Greenlee, Simone, and Mia. When Fusion was created, SATC was at the height of its success. I thought there was going to be corporate intrigue a la Y&R between Enchantment and Fusion, but shortly afterward, Enchantment was dumped for whatever reason...like so many things AMC these days; wasted potential.

Personally, this smells of JHC to me, and I think Pratt is blowing smoke up our collective asses. Anyone else? (Sylph?) To take three weeks to figure out Kendall and Greenlee run the place means Pratt doesn't "get" it. This much is obvious to anyone who's even watched a week of episodes. THis reeks of desperation to give me some other tidbit besides RPG/BE. There are no other plans up this guy's sleeve.

Will believe when I see...

But I gotta wait until August 27th??!!!

I hate transitions; it's so hard to get invested...sigh... :(

• Members

Ok, I know this isn't the unpopular opinions thread, but here's one of mine:

Soaps could stand to learn a thing or two from primetime.

However, copying Ugly Betty (which I love) or SATC (which was good most of the time) is not necessarily going to make in-roads into my AMC-loving heart. ;-)

Why do these HWs feel that they must come on and bring in new characters in new storylines and think this will save the show when any real fan simply wants the writers to use what they have in original and organic ways??? Every soap cycles through characters, sure, and some have outlived their usefulness, but take me to dinner first please before screwing me.

• Members

:lol:

But seriously - what I expect from Pratt is not to copy every single possible show out there, but to have tons of ideas at any given moment. Most of those ideas are probably utter cr*p, but are still (original) ideas. It's just a vibe I'm getting from him - you don't have an idea, call Pratt. :lol:

• Members

This sounds bad. :( Why does AMC have to get bits of Ugly Betty and Army Wives? Why can't it reach back and find what AMC used to be?

Looks like characters are going to be forced into roles that don't suit them... to match them to these other shows... and to hell with their own character history. Kendall is NOT a spoiled rich girl... and if Pratt thinks that, hes not looked into his new show's history AT ALL.

• Members

The set is actually quite nice, but it doesn't fit the image of a national corporation. They should repurpose the Fusion set as a trendy loft style apartment for a character and give Fusion a nice, shiny new set that is more than just one room. AMC has a gorgeous new hospital set, something like that would be nice for Fusion, with offices and a reception...just as long as it doesnt rip off the Mode magazine set from Ugly Betty, or start using actual production offices repurposed as Fusion.

Archived