The Doctors

• Members

Retro TV is currently in the September 1975 episodes. The Dancys should be showing up sooner rather than later.

@Khan, you are welcome. Billy did spend the first ten or so years of his life with Dan, so it makes sense that on some level he would be influenced by him even after he was long gone. Also, whoever was writing at the time probably didn't even know that Dan wasn't Billy's biological father.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Did some more checking and discovered that Jerry and Joan Dancy are around in Dec 75 so Cenedella's stint was only a few months.

Jason and Doreen also arrive for Xmas, played by different actors (not Glenn Corbett and Pamela Lincoln)

And Lauri comes back.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I believe that she only created Joan and Jerry.. and I think they were introduced through interacting with Penny... and that the rest of the family came on when Marland took over.

Considering that Cenedella/Lipton caused damage on Guiding Light (hence why the Dobson's were hired to revive it).. I am surprised he was given a shot at head-writing another soap so soon.. unless the Pollock's left suddenly and he was pitch-hitting until a permanent head-writer was found.

With that said, I've noticed some corrections being made in the brief time he has been head-writing (Toni becoming more assertive in regards to Steve/Alan... Ann moving out while Carolee/Steve have reconciled... and trying to establish the younger set that the Pollock's had created with no clear cut purpose)... as well as some more in depth character development.

• Members

I actually think Althea and Penny have the most interesting mother/daughter relationship I've ever seen on a soap opera.  I wish modern day soap operas could watch this show to see how to write a realistic mother/daughter relationship that doesn't involve sleeping with the same man, or fighting over the same man, etc.

Based on what I've read, it  does sound like Penny will be having a Taming of the Shrew type of relationship with one of the Dancy brothers (Jerry I think).  If she becomes more of an ingenue.. that sounds like something Marland would do since he doesn't seem capable of writing for such a complex character like Penny.

• Members

I think Penny and Althea were fighting over the same man - Nick. They just didn't go far enough to have Penny sleep with him. The scenes where Penny imagined her and her mother marrying Nick and being a family were disturbing to say the least.