The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had no idea Edie had been on The Doctors. I remember watching her on NBC 10 when I moved to the Philly area in the mid-90s. She was a well-respected journalist here.

I had no idea Edie had been on The Doctors. I remember watching her on NBC 10 when I moved to the Philly area in the mid-90s. She was a well-respected journalist here.

• Members

I LOVE Penny! I hate kids on soaps, but she entertains me. Does anybody know the history of Penny? What major stories did she have and how long does the current one last? I know Julia Duffy played the role for a while. Staying in this bloodline, I was confused when I read someone named Jocelyn Somers played Althea from 77-81. Is that correct or did IMDB simply put down someone who I'm guessing was a temp recast or something? I thought Douglas Marland fired Elizabeth Hubbard and simply rested the character.

• Members

They killed her off? That seems stupid. It's similar to Search For Tomorrow killing off Jo's grandchild. It's weird when you such important characters with very few direct relatives and then the soap kills them off!

Reading back the thread I saw a Karen spoiler than confused me. I'll put it in spoiler tags in case anybody doesn't want to know.

• Members

Yes.

Not long presumably.

I guess they killed Penny off to give Althea more story when she returned, and to free up Jerry. They may have felt the show already had several women in that age range (Penny's age range). I do wonder if the show had gone on longer, if they would have brought her back from the dead.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

So I've watched some of the episodes of the Doctors on Retro Tv.. perhaps modern day writers should take a look at how the show writes Carolee.. the good girl. She is neither dull nor weepy. She has her moments of insecurity, but she is intelligent, sarcastic and holds her own. She is how you write a nice character without making her boring.

• Members

Sarah Whiting was Jo's adopted grandchild of just a few years. I don't believe they'd even met before Sarah came to Henderson. So, I'm not sure if she qualifies as any sort of legacy character on SFT.

But...killing off Eunice and Suzi? And "forgetting" Jo's established grandchildren, Chris and Stacey? Yeah, not good.