The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Entering her second year as headwriter Rita Lakin worked out a deal with Colgate,NBC etc to co write the show with Rick Edelstein,citing exhaustion at being solo head writer. They each got 16 weeks off per year and shared the more than $100,000 pay check. Lakin communicated with exec producer Allen Potter by mail and a 10 min phone call each week.

Rita Lakin was always based in LA while writing TD

Also,CC Courtney should be arriving soon.

• Members

What Lai song did they use? I haven't gotten to that part yet. I'm glad they let us hear the rare music the show played at this time. I remember on Dark Shadows the only song they ever played was the theme to A Man and a Woman.

Karen's such a tricky character - sometimes I think she's a one-note schemer, but scenes like her very genuine rage at Steve for playing the superior American to the little European people (something rarely addressed on soaps) break that mold.

• Members

On Friday's episode, Liz mentioned her mother was in an institution. Does anyone know why? I know her mother was Harriet played by Meg Myles, and her father, Keith was played by Morgan Sterne. I know she was originally the girlfriend of Mike Powers (according to books I've read), but I don't know much about her prior to Dec. '67.

dominicmars check your PM .