The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Matt was kind of playing that up - exaggerating how bad it was. It must have been in the genes because said son went on to become a doctor himself!!!

Did anyone else notice that when Matt and Maggie were dozing on the couch and he woke up first - his pipe was still in his hand??? Yikes!!!

Judging from the current photo of Jami Fields, she and Liz Hubbard could still easily pass for mother and daughter!!!

• Members

I am criminally behind (just finished the 1967 episodes...) but the scene where Nick tries to take an interest in Althea's personal life (besides their baby and wanting to get married) and almost managing to do it, before quickly returning and screaming "dammit, we GOTTA GET MARRIED!" is nothing short of brilliant. Funny and sad at the same time. Althea's reaction was so real--laughing from the shock, telling Nick he almost did it and she believed him, only to then crush him by saying it's not enough.

Utterly fascinating.

• Members

Look for actor Albert Ottenheimer and his actress wife Mies Waalewijn to appear on the Wed May 22nd episode according to Variety. This may clear up the issue of what day we are actually up to.

Ottenheimer was primarily a stage actor who was blacklisted in the 50's. His other soap role was as Moe Bachman on How To Survive a Marriage. He toured Europe in West Side story where he met and married his wife, a Dutch actress, and they returned to the U.S.

Pictured with Woody Allen in Annie Hall

annie-hall-blu-ray-screenshot-0076553-I-

• Members

Who was the doctor that hit on Carolee the other day? The actor looked familiar fro daytime. Usually they credit the actors with that many lines.

Their scenes were adorable as Carolee went through so much haranguing to get the night off!

Dr. All Rich seems to be making headway with Wet blanket Werner, I thought I almost saw that smile she reserves for Matt when he gave her that book!

Penny and her diary, talking to Liz... Hell raiser in the making. She reminds me of SD's Betsy on ATWT....

Lydia has won me over, but I'll miss Bethel's eye rolls and dirty looks at WBW!

Is it just me or does Dr. Powers always have that pipe in his mouth?

Best show of 1968 2014 by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Although the man in the park looked a little like Albert Ottenheimer,I think he and his wife should turn up later in the week,which Variety says is a Wednesday.

The first time we've been 'outside'.

Penny refers to meeting Liz before so I guess the was when Christopher Norris was playing her. In 68 Norris had moved onto Edge of Night as Sarah Capice so I guess TD had to recast with Jami.

I was quite impressed with Althea's apartment set as it had an entrance,terrace and kitchen/dining room and was set up so the camera could show both rooms from different angles.

Speaking of sets,have others noticed how the hospital set is configured so that each door of the elevator supposedly leads to a different floor but it is actually just the other side of the same set? Does that make sense?

Had to laugh when Liz said the LP she gave Penny was supposedly the loudest rock group around and then Penny played a cover tune of a sweet Motown song.

Edited by Paul Raven