The Doctors

• Members

Another tense hour. Ralph has gone beyond the deep end, waiting to get the "word," to kill everyone. Can't wait to see what happens next! Poor Carolee, she always has trouble getting people to listen to her (and she's usually right with her instincts). Loved the Nick & Althea scenes, especially when he thought she was teasing him on the phone and then when she was cradling him in her arms. wub.png

Edited by jam6242

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not to mention when they were gripping each others' hands while sitting on the bench. That was really sweet, too.

Carolee already knew that Ralph was a cuckoo bird - and had warned him he was lucky she hadn't called the police after he tried to sneak Lila out of the hospital. I wonder why she didn't follow her gut instinct and call the cops after the three doctors had been in there with Ralph for over an hour.

I wish Nathan Bunker had been there to take Ralph on!!!!

• Members

Still pushing my way through whenever I get a chance to watch. The Ruth stuff is probably my favorite storyline as of now, and there was an episode that began with a tight close-up of her as she attempts to pour a drink then walks across her living room, the theme music swelling and the title card appearing over her face. AMAZING intro. Mel Brandt almost announces the show's title and tagline in a whisper as so not to disturb the scene. Great stuff.

Nathan Bunker...idk. I hate him, but he's so bold in his !@#$%^&*] ways, it's almost funny.

Pollimeriwevuh and the Little Boy Doctor are making me sad :(

Karen is still such a desperate, disgusting shrew. Her obsession with Matt is so bizarre and tiresome.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

I hope we get to see Bunker walk too. Well, if Matt had been hurt, Karen will be useless too, so maybe Ed will have to pitch in. Only one shot was fired so far though. Maybe Anderson shot himself or the shot was deflected somehow.

AllMyShadiows, I got a big kick out of Bunker when he was stirring things up. The actor was just so good. Now I just plain love him and he turned in to one of my favorite characters.

• Members

Today's episodes were very calm - kind of a welcome respite from the tense drama featured all week.

High points - the Drs. Powers, Althea and Nick having a collective "awwwwwwwwwwww" for "poor" Steve all by himself in the clinic, who hasn't had a lunch break or any break of any kind!! (I probably would have joined in. LOL!)

Matt and Maggie reaffirming their love in both episodes.

Althea and Nick in the clinic when she tends to his wound. Those two have totally sucked me in. Althea, let the poor man kiss you already!! Just look in those big brown eyes and see how much he loves you!! (Who wouldn't want someone they love to look at them the way Nick looks at Althea?)

I had to giggle when Carolee, so happy everything turned out OK, turned to leave Dr. Powers' office after taking dictation and tripped. That's so totally something that would happen to me. LOL!!

Liz, wake up and smell the coffee!!! The thrill is gone for Dr. Aldrich as far as you are concerned.

New rejected titles:

He's Just Not That Into You...Anymore (Steve and Liz)

You, Me and Carolee

Old Yeller: The Nick Bellini Story

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

I love the camaraderie between the fab four[Maggie, Matt, Althea and Nick]. You can just tell they enjoyed working together.

Herr Werner needs to take a chill pill....she needs to take the stick out of her ...............

Steve the cad sure did fall for the Ice Princess? Eh?

Liz , get yourself a clue...time to check into another hotel.....

• Members

Not to be picky, but that would be Fraulein (Miss) Werner. "Herr" is German for "Mister". (Sorry, I come from strong German stock on both sides of my family!!)

Yes - Matt, Maggie, Althea and Nick are definitely the Fab Four of Hope Memorial.

After the crisis had passed, I kept cracking up at Carolee's Jimmy Cagney references.

Liz, forget Steve, give the extra ticket to Carolee and have a fun girls' night out. Better yet, exchange the tickets for a round trip on the Clue Bus.

• Members

Today we saw the appearance of a character who will grow in importance in the future- already her presence is affecting a certain couple. On the other hand- I actually feel for The Kooky Kraut despite her lingering affection for Matt. I mean- after what happened with Steve..... Also, were there really psychedelic swimwear on the market in 1968?

• Members

I don't know, but I cracked up during the "demonstration" of the bikini because we all knew a certain someone would walk in right in the middle of it. Sure enough!! LOL

Someone a few pages back asked what Althea's maiden name was. I guess we can confirm now that it is Hamilton.

What was up with that "earth mother" dress Maggie was wearing in episode 2? Holy cow!!

By the way, I loved the news of Matt's son Mike getting set to graduate college and come back home. It was hilarious watching the father trying to read his son's letter, due to the latter's illegible handwriting and the suggestion of buying him a typewriter as a graduation gift. LOL

• Members

Jami Fields today

jamihair.jpg?w=197&h=263Jami Fields appeared in over 100 television and radio commercials as a model and child actress in the 1960’s – 1980’s. She appeared in the very first made-for-TV movie “See How They Run” on NBC co-starring with John Forsythe, George Kennedy and several other stars of the day. On Broadway, she was in the original production of “The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie”, in Prime Time TV she appeared in dramas and variety shows including multiple appearances on the “Garry Moore Show.” In Daytime, she is best known for playing Penny Davis on “The Doctors”. Stepping behind the footlights, Jami was on the production staff for “The Guiding Light” and “As The World Turns”, adding the Director’s Guild to her performer’s union affiliations. She was thrilled to be invited to join the Twelfth Night Club @1980 in the Club’s renowned performance of ‘Stage Door’. In more recent years, Jami has had the great fortune to work as a marketing director for many of America’s most well known magazine publications, both at Time Inc, and the Hearst Corporation. A true New Yorker, Jami is also a ceramic artist, and maintains two pottery studios in Manhattan.