The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I stopped watching a little while back because I had to work and now I'm watching again as managed to find time to do so. Anyway, I need someone to fill me in a bit. I stopped, BTW, when the lady who was in the cult was taken to the hospital.

What are the major stories right now? What shifts were made with Rick was made Co-HW? Was he any good when he flew solo?

• Members

When Rick Edelstein came on as co headwriter, both he and Rita Lakin got 16 weeks off.Don't know if that was in one stretch or interspered throughout the year.

Peter Burnell comes on in September 68 as Mike Powers.

Looking at some pictures from the mid 70's the hospital set appears the same.Did it ever get a revamp?

Also, the Powers house in 76 is the same but has new furniture eg sofa and coffee table.

• Members

First if you have Facebook make sure you like their Facebook page and use the Suggest Friends things to suggest all your friends like the page.

As far as Cable, You would first have to have an affiliate in your area, since Retro's not a cable Network but a Broadcast Network, Cable can't really Carry RETRO TV, they could carry the affiliate, In my case I would suggest Brighthouse carry WRCF 29.1. But with WRCF being a Low Power station Brighthouse does not have to carry LP stations. and they don't carry all of a stations Sub-channels. If you don't have an Over the air affiliate , then it's best to contact all the stations in your area and suggest they add Retro to one of their Sub-channels. Some area's don't have enough stations, so that makes it harder. It's a crowded field now, so many networks not enough channel space. And the powers behind Sony's GET TV movie Network and GRIT TV, have done the pay for play to get affiliates instead of Revenue AD sharing. Paying Millions to get affiliates is not something every one can do.

If you have an affiliate make sure you send them an email or a letter and let them know you like them having RTV on, because with the New DECADES channel and Hero's and Icons, and the reality based JUSTICE Network joining an already crowded field the station has to know there is interest in either keeping or adding RTV to it's lineup. Somehow I quoted you twice, Sorry

Also some people have it in their area and just don't know because they have cable. We have to let people know it's like it was in 1968, when most people watched OTA with an Antenna. They could either have a second TV on Antenna or have an A/B Switch so they could flip a switch and go from Cable to broadcast (though they would have to then change the setting in their TV to Antenna for it to work)

Edited by Classicsoap

• Members

I think it is Estelle Harris. There are other instances of this photo online where it says that it was Hector accompanied by Estelle Harris at some kind of ceremony honoring Sophia Loren. Here's a photo from last year that claims to be Hector with Carolee.

http://www.merwinconservancy.org/2013/11/a-poignant-evening-of-film-friends-poetry/hector-and-carolee/

Edited by robbwolff