The Doctors

• Members

I don't think I'd seen that clip before. Thank you!! Jim Pritchett was a North Carolina native, went to school there and never forgot his roots.

Carl, I went to the OLTL tribute thread and went through all 158 pages (!!!) but did not find any of the Lynn Benish interviews you mentioned. If you find them, would you please let us know? Was Bonnie on TD her first TV role?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ah okay, now the Bunker stuff makes sense. I get it that he'd been on the show prior to this storyline, but us this the first time they've talked about his hatred of Hope Memorial and where it comes from? I think he and Matt mentioned that the accident happened "ten years ago," so it wouldn't have actually been on the show.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

No need to be sorry, Carl. I look forward to seeing them when you find them.

All My Shadows, the source of Mr. Bunker's anger and bitterness is going to go a long way in learning who he is and what he does. It will mean EVERYTHING.

I don't know if either Jim Pritchett or Liz Hubbard ever sang on the show. Did she ever sing on ATWT?

• Members

Bethel's delivery and take on the character reminds me of Constance Ford - the lack of eye contact and rolling of eyes. It will be interesting if Lydia takes that on, especially when she was temp replacing..

The Anderson story seems quite daring for the time.Notice he referred to 'the spirit' rather than 'god' - no way would that have been allowed.

Looks like this and possibly the Ed Stark story may be the next short arc stories. I wonder how long they kept up this format of having these stories weave in and out?

In the initial eps we saw Rick Edelstein was story editor and then his name no longer appeared.Later in 68 he becomes co headwriter,so I wonder what went down there?

• Members

Episode 1 sees the return of the prodigal Dr. Ed Stark - and Matt, Althea and Nick mulling over Mrs. Anderson's case and what to do. I would love to see Nick confront Mr. Anderson. THAT would truly be must-see TV!!!

However, episode 2 is absolutely golden when everyone's favorite Sour Kraut learns that someone else is on to her thing for the chief of staff - someone not named Maggie, Nick or Althea. This scene is absolutely priceless - and Karen's reaction is typical. HA!!

Also, we got another reference to our "Little Boy Doctor". Per his cousin Steve, John and Bonnie are still having a "wonderful time" in Europe. Yay!!

• Members

Bravo, Steve! The Kooky Kraut may have met her match in The Playboy Physician- reminds me of Eve Harrington and Addison de Witt in "All About Eve". He called her out for exactly what she is- 'killer to killer'. Maggie has him to thank for forcing Karen to make her big decision!

• Members

I'm surprised Maggie didn't start partying right then and there when Karen announced she was moving out. (For some reason, now I have Billy Joel's "Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)" running through my head now. If you also do now, I wash my hands of it. LOL) Maybe later on, she and Althea will celebrate with a bottle of champagne. LOL

I bet Matt was just more relieved than anything else that Karen beat him to the punch about the issue. He may be a bull with the hospital board when the occasion calls for it, but in a lot of other ways, he is the typical guy who doesn't want to be stuck in the middle and deal with confrontations, etc. Jim Pritchett did an excellent job of keeping Matt human.

• Members

Thank you. You all know who you are.

My late acting mentor, Eulalie Noble, had a role on TD. I really don't know how big or small. She's gone now and I can't ask her. If anyone knows more, please let me know. She played Ruth in Alice's Restaurant if face recognition may help. Thanks!

• Members

Rick Edlestein was not only credited as the story editor of The Doctors, but he also directed several episodes. I understand that he is to be the co-headwriter with Rita Lakin until Margaret DePriest (Mrs. Burger) becomes the headwriter.

He had previously been the producer of The Edge of Night. I don't know if it were he or someone else who hired Margaret DePriest as an actress (Abby #1) and later hired her as a writer. I also do not know for sure if her being one of the writers of The Edge of Night is the reason that she left the cast.

Mr. Edlestein was later the executive producer of How to Survive a Marriage.