The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bummed that we missed a good chunk of the first episode - though what can you do if the power goes out? It looks like we got a pretty good recap on some of the more important things in the second episode.

I'm seeing more and more why Althea and Nick were such a popular couple back in the day. The chemistry between Liz Hubbard and Gerald Gordon was absolutely electric. We haven't even seen them kiss yet!!

Come to think of it - we haven't seen many kisses outside of Dr. and Dr. Powers, have we? The only other ones I can think of were Bill and Ruth Winters, John and Bonnie, and of course the one between Steve and Liz in the doctors' lounge that was interrupted by John's arrival.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

I caught both episodes live yesterday. Y'all did miss a lot in the first episode. The emphasis was on Althea getting Lila Anderson to the hospital, where Lila continued to deny anything is wrong with her since she feels fine. Liz started her new assignment in the clinic and continued flirting up a storm with Steve, who tried to sneak a kiss while they were in the elevator. A petulant Steve showed up for work in the clinic where he proceeded to criticize Matt for his incompetence in front of both Althea and Liz. Steve was pissed that Matt allowed John and Karen time away from Hope Memorial because their absence means lots more work for the doctors. Althea reamed Steve out for criticizing Matt the way he did. Before he tried to snatch a kiss from Liz, Steve went on another rant about that "dame" Althea and the way she yelled at him. Great scenes!

• Members

Thanks for catching us up, robbwolff!!! Dang, I wish I'd seen those scenes with Steve - especially Althea letting him have it!!! He and Liz are really walking on thin ice. Not that I'm any fan of Karen's, but she did take time off for her father's funeral, for pete's sake.

As for John - have they mentioned hearing from him or what he's been doing in Europe? I really do miss him.

• Members

They were really excellent scenes and riveting to watch. At one point, Althea was on the phone with Lila Anderson and trying to intimidate her into coming into the hospital. Liz walked in during the phone conversation and seemed taken aback at Althea's tactics. Liz even called her out on intimidating a patient.

Then, as I mentioned, Steve showed up and went on his tirade against Matt. Liz jumped to Steve's defense after Althea reamed him out. "He's tired and overworked," she argued. Althea wasn't having any of it. Steve's talk with Liz in the elevator about Althea and her yelling at him was quite interesting as it was clear that Stevie Boy has issues with women in authority.

• Members

Not much happened in the episodes aired today - except that the barracuda is on her way back. Matt - if you cherish your wife and see how upset she is - ARRANGE FOR KAREN TO GET A NEW PLACE TO LIVE!!! He gets it but doesn't get it. If I was Maggie I'd be upset, too.

Hopefully there will be more action tomorrow - I'm still sorry about missing out on the Althea vs. Steve and Liz confrontation. I'm sure that was awesome.

• Members

John to Liz after her dilemma on the ledge: "How would you like to see a handsome young intern with a delicious box of candy? Or maybe a delicious young intern with a handsome box of candy?"

*SWOON* *SWOON* *SWOON*

I am so in love with this little soap. Dreadfully behind (about 2 months, 1968-time), but desperately trying to catch up. After the Liz-on-the-Ledge debacle, I've come to really understand and appreciate the character, so now the only one who pisses me off is that wannabe jump-off Karen. Oh, and someone needs to slash Nathan Bunker's tires. I still have a soft spot for Ruth Winters, and shame on that idiot Bill for having alcohol in the house and drinking in front of his wife, the recovering alcoholic who has told him that she's thought about going back to booze. What an ass.

The guy Finch was completely terrifying, and I guess years of watching more recent soaps had me assuming that he and Liz would eventually become friends or something stupid like that. I'm glad they really went full-on creeper with him without turning it into some kind of cute quirk.

It's really hard to pick my favorite performers, but I'd say Terry Kiser, Bethel Leslie, Liz Hubbard, Carolee Campbell, and Jim Pritchett are the most consistent and always at the top of their game in every scene.

Edited by All My Shadows