The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like that Steve and Carolee are spending time painting/furnishing their new home. Usually soap characters move into a new house and Voila! it is completely furnished and decorated.

I am quite enjoying the Brez era, certainly no better or worse than Marland.

Doreen's father Evan is around but I haven't seen a credit as to who plays him.does anyone know?

Seems they are not running full cast credits as often.

re Doris Frankel.Without checking she may have been a writer during the anthology years?

• Members

My thoughts on the Maggie/Kyle affair reveal:

Although the build-up to the affair reveal was must see, I was disappointed with how it played out. 

I'm going to be honest, I kind of wanted more from JP's portrayal of Matt. Lydia Bruce, however, was exceptional; she was understated, yet strong with her performance of a woman desperate to hold onto her marriage. Pritchett's best scene on TD still remains those hospital board scenes when he defended Nick.

Back to my disappointment with the affair reveal; Maggie shouldn't have been so quick to want to brush the affair under the rug and move on. While Matt had every right to be upset and feel betrayed, I wanted someone to bring up his infatuation with Karen a few years back. That was my underlying problem with the reveal overall, it's as if the writers had zero grasp on Matt and Maggie's history as a couple. Maggie should've known Matt wouldn't get over it so quickly, and I think their history with Karen should've been brought up too.

This kind of makes me wish Marland had still been at the helm, while he had his faults, I don't think he would fail to rise to the occasion of what would have been the climax to a story that's been in the making for a year. 

Does anybody notice the show is now moving away from having scenes take place in the living rooms and most day to day scenes are now occurring in the kitchen? Interesting. 

• Members

Now that Greta and Billy have gone all the way (thankfully, those scenes were very tastefully done), I look forward to the fallout there. Jennifer Houlton has proved herself a very competent young actress, but at this point the chemistry she had with the previous Billy - David Elliott - is just not there with Shawn Campbell. I know David Elliott chose to leave (he headed West and got the role of the mayor's son in Jaws 2), but I have to wonder how this story would be even better if he had been there to play it out.