EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You know it has to sting all of the Corrie people that in their 50th year, EastEnders has beaten them for every major award (NTA, BSA, and now BAFTA).

The Corrie clip was such badly acted farce, it's easy to see why EastEnders won off Lindsey's performance. I'm glad she got to accept the award too.

• Members

I forgot to say thank you for posting all this. I'm so glad Eastenders won and I'm so VERY glad they let Lindsey Coulson accept the award. I love Jane Danson, but Lindsey deserved a BSA and her giving the speech basically lets everyone know that. Her performance was one of the most moving moments I've ever seen on television.

People can say "Eastenders only won this on an episode," but that's the point. It was a superb episode, full of real, human, raw moments, something the other soaps now seem to run as far from as possible.

Bryan Kirkwood has been so demonized since before he even started producing Eastenders. While this doesn't change that Eastenders still needs a lot of work, I'm glad he has this last year of awards - at a time when many in the press and on fan forums were going on about the superiority of Corrie or Emmerdale - as some validation of his efforts.

• Members

Nina Wadia and Charlie Brooks presented an award together, I wish it was uploaded.

Anyway, here's some on-carpet interviews with Charlie Brooks and Jessie Wallace.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kkUiX59NOLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s-DHybhmlpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner