EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Tonight`s Episode

Slaters were gold tonight

Sam & Minty`s exits both have something in common...they both ran to someone else to comfort (Sam to Grant and Minty to Gary)

I wonder if Heather will ever find love ?

Phil looks like he never had a drug addiciton.

I wonder who Kat`s baby`s father is if not Alfie.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today's episode:

It's nice to have Kat and Alfie back, in many ways it feels like they haven't left, they just fit back in with the Slater family easily. While the scenario was a little outlandish and over the top, the actors made it work, and this is exactly the scenario Tony Jordan had in mind for a possible Kat/Alfie spin-off, so it is plausible for them to be in this sort of trouble. Jean's stupidity was a little annoying, and I did enjoy Kat's looks at her and thinking she's stupid as hell. :lol: Kat and Stacey were always wonderful together, Jessie and Lacey always had a great chemistry as family.

It's kind of sad that Charlie. Stacey, and Jean are leaving at the end of the year. Kat is always very good with her family to bounce off, but thankfully Big Mo will still be there and maybe some of the other Slater sisters will visit.

I was very surprised at the outcome of Sam and Minty's exits. I really expected Minty to just leave with Sam even though he knows that she will never love him. Glad to hear Sam is going off to live with Grant, and Minty is going to be with Gary. I'm thrilled Minty will no longer be on the show...

I wonder what's going to happen to Max/Vanessa now, she's still in the spoilers for weeks to come. Jodie looks like a flying saucer landed on her head.

The Dot and Patrick scenes were good too. I like that Dot is slowly going back to her old characteristics. That little speech with Patrick at the Launderette. When Dot talked about being unhappy, you can tell she really is and how alone she is at this point in her life, so it makes sense she would be more like her old self.

I think Alfie is the father of Kat's baby, and she just told him he wasn't to piss him off and because he left her on her own for six months.

Carey Andrews, who wrote yesterday's and today's script always has really weird dialogue and speeches in her episodes. She's one of the most mediocre writers on the writing team.

• Members

I don't think so, I think it was more along the lines of them trying to conceive, but not doing so leading up to his arrest and being away for 6 months from Kat.

I think Kat got pregnant just before Alfie went to prison, so I think the baby is his.

Jessie Wallace and Shane Ritchie interview:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLHwCvnxEBk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLHwCvnxEBk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLHwCvnxEBk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

So watched two episodes of the current Canadian airing--a bit lost, as I didn't follow the show since it stopped airing on basic cable 2 years back--we're defnitely several years ahead of those episodes (which I believe were three years behind?) The online description on the network's site says: Ian continues to play a dangerous game with Clare, and nothing goes right.

• Members

Y&RWT you do such a great job recapping each episode -- I always forget to tell you that.

This episode was so loud and busy, at least the scenes with the Slaters. I enjoyed them when they were quieter and we got to hear Kat and some of the tension with Charlie and her reaction to Stacey's problems. I think they could have done without the comedy crooks, although the one Mo was threatening had a nice rear end. Alfie was OK. He seemed to have less of his old personality. Jean was really getting on my nerves. Stacey alone on the stairs with the baby was a moving scene.

Glad that Minty is gone. Some were upset with his exit as they said it wasn't big enough -- this dead space deserved a great exit why? At least he got to leave happy and we saw him walking down the street. That was more than a lot of people get. Some were also upset that he just left his house to Heather. That's soap for you.

I did enjoy Sam's exit, although I wish she'd stayed. At least she has a great potential return, what with Ronnie paying her off, and she could come back with Courtney at some point.

I just don't care about Heather's pain.

I wonder if Vanessa will be back. I read at DS that Harry wouldn't be back, is that true?

These last few episodes have seemed very chaotic. I don't know what will happen next but I think it would be nice if the writers don't overwrite and try to be as profound or big or whatever.