EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder about Lacey though, her career I mean. She's one hell of an actress but she's not a Hollywood beauty and she is very, very low-key. She doesn't like to do press, she doesn't go around degrading herself, she often looks miserable when she's at the soap award shows.

The way they painted Stacey into a corner, I wondered if they knew she was leaving, but I'm still a bit shocked, as she still had a few stories left to play.

Getting rid of Jean I see as a mistake, because Gillian Wright is one hell of an actress, but then, what could they do with her if Stacey is gone? I just hope they won't kill Jean off :(

I also have no idea why they fired Charlie if Stacey AND Jean are going. Kat is going to have, what Big Mo left? Come on. Big Mo is OK but she's a mid-level supporting character and always has been. Kat is not going to have anyone.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That explains why they were so happy to make her Archie's killer. They wanted to just pile all this mess on Stacey as fast as they could because they knew she was going and it wouldn't matter in the long run.

This makes me wonder if those rumors about Sam Janus leaving are also true.

• Members

I don't think Samantha is going anywhere, they seem to love Ronnie (even if it doesn't show), and Sam seems happy to be there. Plus, at her age, the options aren't many.

I wonder how they'll write Stacey out. I hope she gets to interact with Kat before she departs.

Also, I can't see them keeping Becca now. :D

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

You have to wonder if this is why they are trying to build up the woeful Zsa Zsa. In their mind they probably see her as the new Stacey.

Eastenders has so many characters who are being poorly written at the moment, and just about every single new character brought in over the past few years has been either a dud, or squandered. I wonder what they are going to do when they're left with 4 nights a week of wooden teens, Syed, Heather, Tanya, and Roxy Mitchell.

• Members

I wonder how they'll transition the show. Stacey was their lead female characters, for all intents and purposes, over the past 4 years or so. She ate up so much story that it ended up being detrimental to the character. What will happen to her baby? Will Ryan even know?

I also wonder about Lacey, she's talented, but will anyone care about that? It's telling that they're leaving the door "open" for her.

Lacey was probably the most lauded and talked about actress on British soaps over the past couple of years, even with her shyness from the press.

I have to wonder if they plan on bringing back more of the Slater sisters?

• Members

I think Lacey will either just do small stuff, or return to EE within a few years.

I don't think they'll bring back any Slater sisters. Little Mo was an exhausted character, Lynne would have no point in returning, Michelle Ryan would never return, unless it was for a brief visit, maybe, and Belinda apparently no longer exists.

I won't be surprised if they fire Laila Morse and just have Kat without a family, running the Vic.

I really do believe someone at the show probably thinks Whitney and Zsa Zsa can replace Stacey.

I was going to say I'm happy because this means no Sean, but then I remembered Sean rarely spent time with the Slaters anyway.

• Members

I have a feeling they might be dumping a lot of the teen characters in the future, especially with their contracts come up. Santer and Yorke just forced them on the show, they'll have to admit soon they don't work.

I only really see Zsa Zsa, of the E20 set, lasting.

Devon Anderson is hinting he may be out on Twitter, who knows, but it would be well with me. Maybe then they can loosen up Whitney and define that character better.

But, from what we've been told so far, it seems like the Kirkwood era is going to focus mostly on older characters, or at least the people he's cast so far.

• Members

I'm afraid these cast departures may make them more likely to keep the teens around. This has all been so poorly handled -- Whitney was obviously someone they had high hopes for yet they have damaged her very badly over the past months. And Zsa Zsa is obviously someone they see as their future, yet they cast a middle-aged troll doll who can barely even manage to hide her accent. How did that happen? Who is in charge of the casting on this show now? They've messed up a lot of key roles the past few years. Zsa Zsa, Danny, Syed...

I know you mentioned the baby. I wonder if Janine will do something to harm the baby, or threaten to, and Ryan lets Stacey leave with the child. Either that or as you mentioned, Ryan never finds out he's the father.