EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank God. Joey was ruined when they paired him with drunken ass Lauren I'm that disgusting romance. After that, he plummeted. Plus, his constant obsession with Alice and him walking around the square like a brute didn't help either.

Now if they'll just get rid of Masood and Tamwar--heck Kat and Alfie too then all will be well.

• Members

We now have a new production team at EastEnders. Lorraine Newman, Ceri Meyrick and Sarah Beeson have left their roles as executive producer, series producer and story producer. Simon Ashdown will also leave his role as series consultant and will be replaced by a team of core writers, including some new and returning writers.

Executive Producer - Dominic Treadwell Collins

Series Producer - Alison Davis

Senior Producer - Sharon Batten

Story Producer - Alexander Lamb

Script Producer Manpreet Dosanajh

Edited by dannigold

• Members

The 'Top Two' of Treadwell-Collins and Davis being part of the team in 2003-2005 that turned Family Affairs around and made it more watchable. Life is funny sometimes.

At the time, Davis was Series Producer to Paul Marquess EP and DTC was Series Story Editor to Ian Aldwinckle Story Producer. (The latter may not be accurate).

• Members

Just tuned back in, first time in awhile. Loved Michael/Alice/Janine's showdown, though it's a shame we're losing Michael (I'm probably just saying that because that's a fine-looking man ;)). Reaaaally enjoyed those episodes. As for the new team, do we know when their episodes will first air?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ricky Norwood has re-signed with the show.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/330763-ricky-norwood-extends-eastenders-contract/

I had a good laugh at some of the meltdowns over this on DS. Is this seriously the biggest problem with EE at the moment? I don't care about Fatboy, but Norwood is a charismatic and not all that horrible actor. I saw a post that said something like, "What does it say when they ignored ALL of our axe lists?" Well, it says you aren't in charge of the show. If the show dumped Kim, Tamwar, and Fatboy, at a time when they've already fired a number of minorities and have lost almost any sense of diversity they ever had, that would look terrible.

And I have no idea how these characters are more pointless than the likes of Roxy Mitchell.