AMC: Wednesday, July 9, 2008

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt it, Frons doesn't seem to like Amanda or Chrishell. Amanda's pretty much been turned into the new Simone :(

I love it when TK acts with actors like Darnell. I love it when someone can match him snark for snark like David Canary does, and like Vincent Irizarry used too

So do I :wub:

• Members

Ugh, no kidding. The only satisfaction I had while watching the Cass/Dre/Colby scenes (aside from drooling over Sterling) was knowing that Beall and Beall-riffic scripts were in rapid decline -- because I couldn't stand the dialog among the three of them. Filled to the brim with the tedious pop culture references because ALL TEENAGERS talk like that. I swear this woman thinks she's just so damn hip and witty.

The Jesse/Zach scenes, speaking of Beall thinking she's hip and witty, were over the top as well.

And DP, you're right about the redundancy -- how many times did everyone have to mention "cutting Richie up?" Just like she overuses her hip and mega cool sayings like "You GET me," or "Shut me down" or "Bitch, Slut, Skank, Psycho."

Needless to say, I FF'd most of the episode. I have no idea what's going on with the Diva Behind Bars story, the Chuck and Donna: Blatino Love Style storyline, the Annie's Crazier Than a Shithouse Rat storyline...

My agenda's showing, and you know what? Get a good look 'cause I'm proud of it. BEALL'S GONE!

• Members

Weren't those scenes great? I love it when two characters who are equal get the chance to banter. It seems like a long time since there was a male who could stand up to Zach, I think it was Adam last summer.

She needs to learn how to act, too. Imo, she's on a par with NuColby.

The last time Erica & Sam were together they had a little spark, but today they didn't at all. It was painful to watch them try to flirt.

I'm disappointed they showed us who the killer is already. I guess B&E were rushing to tell their stories before their stint ends, but two days after he was killed we already know Annie did it? The only good to come of it for me will be when Annie leaves the show.

• Members

I like that they showed who the killer is. It's like being in on the secret and watching the other characters involved trip over themselves and cover their tracks because they think they're guilty or think someone else is... All the while the sand's about to run out in Annie's hourglass.

Not every murder has to be a damn mystery. Especially since we had three lackluster "mysteries" on this show in the last five years.

Oh, and the Jesse/Zach scenes went on too damn long -- just to reiterate.

Jesse: "I think you did it."

Zach: "I didn't do it."

Jesse: "I think you did."

Zach: "I know I didn't."

Jesse: "You had every reason to do it."

Zach: "I know, but I didn't."

Jesse: "Nice shirt."

Zach: "Nice tie."

Jesse: "Thanks, Macy's 50% off."

Zach: "You mean Lacy's, don't you?"

BA-DUM-BUM-CHING!

Jesse: "But you killed Novak."

Zach: "And I told you I didn't."

Jesse: "But I know that you did."

Zach: "Did I?"

Jesse: "I know you did."

Zach: "But I didn't."

Jesse: "Like my decor?"

Zach: "Ikea, right?"

BA-DUM-BUM-CHING!

I mean, damn. Six acts of that? LET'S MOVE IT ALONG, PEOPLE!

• Members

For me, the problem is that Annie is a character I could really give two hoots about. Now that same premise, applied to the Madden Murder Mystery would have been far more interesting. I would have loved to see Tad sweating out that situation all the way through.

Sadly, I find it far more entertaining to clean my bathroom than to watch the show these days. I'm scared about what Pratt may bring to the table, but at the same time, I believe a really good shake up is necessary at this point.

ETA: LMFAO R Sinclair!!! That was far more entertaining than their scenes were today!!

• Members

At this point I've given up hope of ever getting Classic AMC again. I don't necessarily enjoy Pratt's writing, nor did I jump for joy when Chuckie was announced as the incoming HW... but I just a fresh pair of eyes and something entertaining at this point.

McTavish's agenda during her last two stints were insulting and just plain obvious.

B&E bored me away from the show all together.

Hopefully Pratt will at least bring something a little campy and "OMG, are you serious?" back to this show.

• Members

Oh Sinclair! :rolleyes::P:lol:

Now I know you have a hate on for her, and I would love to know why...but I finally witnessed exactly what you are talking about. She wrote the scripts for the last two days, which makes me think she was put in place to wrap up B & E's stuff before Pratt comes in the next two weeks. Have a feeling the Who Killed Richie was supposed to stretch out for much longer...this was the bible Frons didn't like (??) Oh well, if this is Beall's swan song...c'est la vie.

I'm telling you, Yaya is the only one helping me feel this storyline, and even she was not on her game today.

Erica and Sam. Meh.

All the flashbacks really made me upset that we didn't get to see more of the Novak family dynamic play out. The stuff in the car on Friday was great, and I can't help but think we all wouldn't be thinking Annie was so bland if B&E had played this out more.

I'm going to give Frankie and Randi time.

• Members

Although I've only been a dedicated AMC watcher over the last three years, I understand your dilemma. I think it's the same dilemma anyone who has been a soap viewer for an extended period of time is experiencing. After watching DOOL for almost 30 years I gave it up for good two years ago. I thought AMC was to be my last soap hope, but thankfully I was hooked by OLTL and I'm getting my little happy fix there.

I love many of the characters on AMC, more than I do on any other soap. And I really, really want it more than any other show to improve and succeed. I guess at this point I'm cautiously optomistic. I just want soapy goodness. Simple as that. I don't think that should be too much to ask for. lol

Archived