ATWT - Suprising Sex Twist

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm all for seeing Carly with someone other than Jack, but Holden? Why can't they let Carly be with someone exciting, if CarJack needs a break? Personally, I find Jack and Holden nearly interchangeable, so I can't get interested in seeing Carly with another tight assed, self righteous , dogooder.

• Members

I don't think he does either. I think he's so happy to be in a story that isn't an afterthought, he's giddy. I guess he hasn't really watched the show lately, otherwise he'd know Holden might be an asshat for years.

• Members

I'm obviously in the minority, but I don't find this story character, pairing, or even history destroying.

I like it.

It has moved fast - but I think that's because we, as viewers, have almost no attention span left, and soaps are scrambling to figure out how to move things forward in a timely fashion but still hit all the beats.

But yeah, I like it.

I like how Carly and Holden are both handling it. They're both appalled by what they feel. Suprised, horrified, and appalled - and yet they're drawn to each other in SPITE of that. They can't help it, and they aren't sure why. Their separations from Jack and Lily have forced them to evaluate each other on their own terms, for a change, and they like what they see.

They like it a lot - and that freaks them BOTH out, because they know what it could do to Jack, and Lily, and their kids.

But they can't seem to stop themselves.

This is, IMO, soap opera in a NUTSHELL.

I don't think CarJack is dead forever. I bet Holden and Lily aren't, either. But you're talking about four longtime characters, with ties that are long established, and stretching and twisting those ties in new directions with one unexpected connection.

I don't necessarily trust this writing team to write the fallout well, but I think this has real potential to shake these characters up in ways they haven't been in years.

And, although I'm clearly in the minority, I'm enjoying the execution, even though I was as appalled as all of you when I first figured out they were, indeed, going to go THERE.

• Members

Does anyone remember that little teaser we had about two years ago (or maybe more, not quite sure) when Carly was thinking about getting back into designing. There was a scene between Dusty and Carly; it was sort of flirty; he was telling her if she needed any help getting back on track to let him know.....it was then I thought it would have been interesting to see them go that route.

• Members

I.HATE.THIS.STORYLINE. VICIOUSLY!!!!!!!!! I loved Carjack before Pissant got her hands on them and even love the current incarnation of Lilden (so sue me???) so this blows chunks. At one board someone is sporting a banner of these two and I am grossed out. Its like Liason from GH all over again.

CarHol is nasty.

• Members

As much as I hate Carly/Holden, at least dramatically, Holden would not be disgusting to me, if he was not bouncing like a ping-pong between these women. Of course, people get caught up in things and have feelings they shouldn't. What pisses me off is how Holden so casually lies to Lily, how casually he makes those cow eyes at Carly, when just last month, he was screaming at both women for their deceitfulness in forcing him to bed his wife.

You don't change someone's personality to facilitate a plot. It would have been one thing if Holden was just facing a divorce and they started these feelings while "single". While Holden hasn't always been level-headed and ultra truthful, painting him as a deceitful, lying pig is such a 180.

And the fact Maura can't create any chemistry with Jon is another minus. Hell, Paul, Mike, Henry IMO are all available for Carly to try and move on with her life. (Okay, I'd never really want Paul, not after the way he treated Rosanna...) But Mike's a cutie, and frankly underused. I just don't get why TAIC always go down this path with Carly.

• Members

IMO it already has, I think that's ONE of the reasons the show is at a 1.9 in the ratings

Sorry lurk, but to me this is right up there with the 5MS on AMC, it's that idiotic, it's OOC for Carly and for Holden and goes against both their character histories

• Members

Not only did Colden's kiss hit 1.7 on Friday, Tuesday was the second highest rated day of the week, 2.0, +400,000 or so from Friday, and...you guessed it...the day Carly and Jack were featured.

Archived