Mac OS vs Windows

EricaKane70

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I LOVE MY MACS.

I'm late getting into this one late. I use Macs and love them. I have never had any problem with any of my Macs. Well about 10 years ago, Macs had problems with extension conflicts, but that has long since resolved itself.

You can get just about any software for Macs now that is available for Windows. The new Macs have the dual processors that allow you to put Windows on the Mac if you want. I did that because I use GIS software for some of my work and it is still available only for Windows. If you go that route, I recommend using Parallels and not the boot camp that is in the new Mac Leopard OS.

I also use Windows XP on the Windows side and not Vista.

I am Mac addict. I have a MacBook Pro (17-inch screen, it's great), G4 desktop and a Mac Mini. At work, I use the new IMac (it's a wonderful computer). If I have any complaint about Apple, it is they are too good and too quick. My computers are out of date about 20 minutes after I buy them. Fortunately I have now found a Mac that I don't have to have: the new little thin one laptop is cool, but it is not very practical. Also Macs are a little pricey when compared to most PCs.

I can not recommend Mac high enough. They are excellent computers and Apple is wonderful about working with you. I spilled a Smoothie into a lap top about four years ago and they fixed it with no charge. By the way, it worked great once the Smoothie was cleared out of it.

• Members

I really liked alot of there multimedia software too. I primarily surf the net, download, do homework, play video games and watch movies on my computer. I really liked their camera/camera software on iMac, the camera that came with my sony vaio sucks. I'm really leaning towards getting the sony vaio all-in-one since the one I want is now appearing on ebay at a bargain price, plus the camera in that version is a newer brand and its quality is better but I still think I am gonna buy a Mac OS, vista is just awful. In light of bill gates leaving Windows a tech magazine(I think it was PC magazine) named the worst Windows products of all-time and guess what was on the worst list? Vista. :rolleyes:

• Members

I think graphical software remains Mac's strong suit. I'm sure you know the relationship between Apple and Pixar. I think most high end multimedia operations are Mac-based. If you watch Ebay, you can really get some good deals on Final Cut and Aperature. Also, Adobe has really awesome prices on its high end software for students or academics. If you are affiliated with a university or know someone who is, you can get the full adobe multimedia package for under $600.

Regardless, Macs are great for anything creative. I know people who do that type work who would not use anything else. Even the built in programs are really good. I don't do anything but things I show my friends and family so what the computer comes with is pretty good. Of course, there are probably others who swear by PC, but honestly I do not know many graphics professionals who do not rely on Macs.

Archived