AMC Casting/Uncasting News

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would be SO insulted on Kelli Giddish's behalf if they recast Di. She was totally wasted on AMC and if anything I'd like to see her back, with Aidan's child, and it all comes out that she was pregnant when she left town.

I really wish Beth was heading to OLTL to play Kelly Cramer, alongside a returning Dan Gauthier as Kevin.

• Members

Maybe Beth E could play Dixie's sister, Melanie, who has been living abroad (France, IIRC). Perhaps her return to PV could be written in a way to help bring Dixie back for real. (So what she was poison pancaked. Jesse was shot, right? ;) )

I agree...loved Kelli Giddish as Di. Was so sorry to see her leave. They should bring both Dixie's sister back. :)

• Members

Re: Marcy Walker

I would really like Liza Colby back, but as she was when she came back the last time, NOT as she was when she left the show. Liza was at her best when she was a vampy corporate bitch, and I've come to realize she was AMC's answer to Amanda Woodward of Melrose Place. AMC hasn't really had another one of those outside of Liza. BUT, I don't know if Walker could carry it off now, she wasn't looking so vampy when she left the show.

Re: Beth Ehlers

She looks way too old to play Kelsey, Hayley, and Skye, and I don't see her in any of those roles even if age wasn't a factor. I MIGHT be able to see her as Arlene Vaughan (Hayley's drunk mom), but I'd fight that tooth and nail because I loved Olivia Birkelund. She'd never be Kelsey because that would make her Jake's niece, and that would just be a slap in the face to the Ehlers/Goldin fans dying for a reunion.

Don't want her as Carolyn either, because why the hell should we care?

The best I've heard so far was Melanie Cortlandt (and I first read that in Carolyn Hinsey's SOD Opinion column) who comes back working for Cortlandt Electronics as an executive. Melanie could be anything, a virtual blank slate, but most importantly it would be a Dixie sister (Dixie/Tad and their sister and brother Melanie/Jake getting together would be nice symmetry), and a relative to keep Palmer involved on the canvas.

I don't want her as a new character because they'll spend so much time trying to sell us the Ehlers/Goldin reunion sparks that they'll forget to actually GIVE Ehlers a character. She needs to come in as a character that's established on the canvas so they can play her with others first and let the Jake pairing happen over time.

• Members
:P I bet she'll come to AMC playing Harley Cooper, I mean, seriously, whatever character she has is going to be back with RPG anyway, I think it's totally cheap to poach GUSH from GL... it makes no difference who she plays it's going to be a Harley clone. I can see them just writing her a carbon copy of her GL character cause originality takes time and talent, I think this is a big thumbs down on AMC for being really unoriginal and poaching couples... I'd expect this from GH but not AMC...

Archived