OLTL: A hardy Marty Comes Back to 'Life'

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i have never been big on SH to be honest.

i know thats like against the rules of soap watching but hey... I figured if i came out with not loving Martha Byrne then why not Susan H as well? lol.

Tho i so hope they tangle John & Blair up more.

and im happy to know they are not pairing Marty with Todd.

• Members

Nah...look at Dorian.

Tempting a man back into alcoholism...COULD be unredeemable...but we all know Dorian will lose and gain again and again.

Same with Todd, if written right. I mean, the dude came from leading a GANG rape...with MARTY. Thus, I see no reason why he can't be redeemed.

• Members

I'd be lying if I said reading this didn't worry me. Really, Ron? Amnesia?

HOWEVER... I'll go along for the ride. Marty regaining her memory and going after Todd with both barrels blazin' will be WELL worth it. And I trust Ron a lot more than I trust a 500 word article written by Carolyn Hinsey for the Daily News, based on a ten minute interview she did, probably over the phone. :-)

• Members

Oh, have no fear, Ryan. This could be Ryan Lavery with amnesia, and I still wouldn't call Ron the "h-word" yet. It takes a lot for me to call a writer that. And honestly, if I have to sit through a few months of Marty saying "Todd, you're my hero..." then you know it will be worth it when she finally regains her memory.

• Members

Oh, how quickly thou dost turnest against Big Ron! :lol: I'm going to wait to see how this turns out. IMO, it's about the execution of the SL and, so far, OLTL is delivering on that front, no matter how dry the SL looks on paper.

As for SH, I always found her Marty overly saintly (after the rape, that is). It didn't make her a very exciting character to watch. CC, however, was badly miscast. She did not fit the character at all. Plus she has that panting thing going on. Whenever something bad would happen, Chambers' Marty would start hyperventiliating.

• Members

Uh oh. I HATE this kind of story. It's a good thing I trust Ron, because if it were any other writer I'd be REALLY worried about where this story is going. I hope this doesn't cross the threshold of good taste, and I hope Todd doesn't cross the line in other ways.

Archived