About to give up ATWT for OLTL

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're not the only one who has given up on ATWT. I've realized that the show just can't and won't get any better until Goutman and Passanante are gone. Since it looks like P&G doesn't give two shits about any of their existing soaps, that won't happen anytime soon. ATWT will never get better, at least I have my memouries of the show, you know, of when it was watchable.

• Administrator

Great decision!

Welcome to a real soap opera with a Head Writer who truly understands the genre and cares for it too. :)

I feel bad for the ATWT fans though. They're stuck with Goutman and Passanante. :(

• Members

I never thought I could give up ATWT and I didn't give it up for OLTL, but I had to give it up. I can't make time for a soap that is as bad as ATWT currently is. Stories are dull, characters featured are dull, it's such a bland, white canvas. Truly nothing worth watching. The Lily recast and treatment of Scott Bryce was the end for me. I'll be back for the final episode and I say that since I know Passanante wi ll remain on the show.

I feel so much better focusing on Y&R, B&B and OLTL which are deliverying. Even AMC is improving so much it's out done ATWT.

• Members

Again, sarcasm on:

"As a viewer who is a member of an online community, you are a teeny weeny tiny infintessimal part of the viewership...more trivial than anything...so, you're right, your absence will not be missed."

But, honestly, I want ATWT to be a top-rated soap. I think Nuke is the future (not that couple, specifically, though I like Van Hansis...but the willingness to embrace life in 2008 rather than 1958). I want ATWT to be rewarded for this movement to relevance....and for casting Van Hansis.

It is true, though, that ATWT is not currently strong.

• Members

ATWT lost me a while back. I haven't watched the show in months.

As for OLTL, I watch bits and pieces on Soapnet and I'm enjoying it. In fact, I find myself trying to tune in for it during those weekend marathons. Maybe THIS will be my new soap.

Archived