About to give up ATWT for OLTL

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree. Van isnt the future of the show. One character does not make a show. I dont see Van staying that long anyways. The future of the show is their vets which Goutman and Pissant aren't using. Instead we get newbies we dont give a [!@#$%^&*] about.

• Members

I've never been a very big ATWT fan (even during it's golden years with Doug Marland) - I just could never get into the characters or something. And I've never been a fan of any of the ABC soaps.

So yesterday....I was "working from home" and happened to turn the TV on around 2 and it was still on ABC (I watched The View at 11) and OLTL was coming on. WOW. That's all I can say. WOW. This show rocks! I have been reading the postings on this board and others about how good the show is and now I know first hand.

It was so good to see a cohesive, narrative show again. Not to beat a dead horse, and this is the wrong thread for this, but we all know what a state GL is in now. So I've been watching Y&R more since GL can't give me a soap fix any longer. However, based solely on the one episode from yesterday, I would have to say that OLTL is better than Y&R. JMHO.

I really really like Rex. He's a hottie for one, and a pretty damn good actor. I enjoyed the Blair/Starr scenes as well. It was GREAT seeing Jerry VerDorn again, even though I was thinking "Ross" instead of "Clint". Obviously, I have to get into the stories to learn the characters better, but I was very very impressed yesterday afternoon. I'll definately be tuning in again especially for Rex. :rolleyes:

• Members

The funny thing, I have always had a good impression of ATWT, and even watched it as a child when my mother was obsessed. If it hadn't been on at the same time as OLTL, I would probably be a big fan, but OLTL has been my soap for 20 years now.

What exactly happened with ATWT? Two years ago, people were RAVING about it and suprised that Jean Passanante was doing such a great job. When did the wheels come off? I knew she was horrible from her stint at OLTL, but I thought maybe she was somehow clicking with ATWT.

Are Lucinda, Lisa, Bob, and Kim utilized at all these days?

Archived