OLTL: Discussion for the week June 2-6

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, if Dorian really wanted to [!@#$%^&*] EVERYBODY's world up, she would have taken the opportunity to tell Rex that he's Shane's father as well. Right when he was in shock about the Charlie thing, all she had to do was toss it off..."Yes, son-in-law, your father isn't your father! But Ms. Waitress here ought to know something about that, now shouldn't she? Go on, Gigi, tell him that he's your Shane's father!"

And she could have also revealed that Jared is a flaming queen and in love with David Vickers.

Alright, alright.

• Members

Yeah, Dorian's been keeping it close to the vest, waiting for the right time to use that piece of info to the best of her advantage. Every few weeks, the writers would remind us that she'd knew, and it wasn't a dangling plot point. But Dorian just kept her mouth shut because she knew eventually it would help her.

And THAT'S what we call STORYTELLING. I wish other head writers picked up on that and planned that far in advance.

• Members

I loved how today she could NOT keep her mouth shut. Every segment she kept going on and on revealing secrets, twisting the knife and throwing her 2 cents in. My favorite line from her today was the one she said to Jessica about Natalie sleeping with her uncle. LMAO. Dorian was on fire today.

• Members

As a testament to this board, and Tom Casiello...I would have totally ignored this episode (I'm not a regular viewer) without all your pointers.

Instead, I'm enjoying it on Soapnet now....emphasis on the ENJOYING.

Talk about firing on all cylinders. I hope the ratings and the critics converge to anoint this show to the top of the heap. THAT will give daytime the lesson and the example it needs.

• Members

I'm sure SOD will give it Editor's Choice. IN fact, I'd bet EVERYTHING I own on it. Nothing in this week's air shows on any other soap even comes close. Or last week's air shows. Or last YEAR'S air shows.

If it doesn't get Editor's Choice, I'll... I'll... well, I don't know what I'll do. But it'll be something really horrific and embarrassing.

• Members

"...you mean you did this because you were mad that I broke up with you?!"

Glad they finally reminded us of how absolutely insane Dorian is. I even forgot that that was the reason for all this craziness. What a good episode! I felt so bad for Jessica at the end!

Archived