OLTL: Discussion for the week June 2-6

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I know it doesn't work this way, but what if the mags gives covers to soaps that deserve them, you know soaps that are showcasing great stories? If the show sucks, you don't get any covers or big coverage. So if they want covers and more press, they would have to write better stories.

• Members

My favourite too! I gasped right along with Natalie and everyone else in the room.

And I was clock-watching threough the whole show - Damn! only 20 minutes left! - Damn only ten minutes left! - Damn! It's over already!

The most enjoyable hour of soap I've seen in years.

• Members

Yeah, this DEFINITELY deserved a cover. (And they might have gotten one... I honestly don't follow the mags closely enough to remember)

Sadly, all ratings debates aside, GH, DAYS and Y&R sell the most magazines. It's the way it's always been, and the way SOD and SOW are run now (post-Torchin), that's what they're going to base their covers on.

• Members

Holy Moly Batman! Today's show rocked. I loved all the drama at the BE meeting. I giggled at so much of what Dorian did and said. I jaw droped her your sister is sleeping with him. And, then my Viki and Charlie broke my heart. Man...I went all soft and googly when he saw her and said her name n that soft voice. Can't wait for tomorrow.

• Members

With all the big reveals at the BE annual meeting, aome other little gems from today seem to be overlooked. Roxy's little speech about honesty and how it relates to her profession as a beautician was at once hilarious, ironic in relation to the story, and thought provoking.

• Members

Well, after looking at the previews for the week after next....I can honestly say that I did not see some of the stuff coming that is going to happen. I can't say here or Father Toups will have me saying Hail Marys until the cows come home (which is weird because I'm Baptist), but anyway, it looks good. :)

• Members

RIGHT?!?!?!?!

Thank you for pointing that out, TC. SO TRUE.

Again, THAT'S storytelling. And not the obvious, hit-the-nail-on-the-head kind we get from other shows. I'm glad you brought it up because I thought of that while I was watching, but then the cliffhangers pushed it right out of my mind.

Archived