Alanis Morissette New Album

Adam

• Members

Alanis is back. Its been four years since she last released a studio record, and that was 2004's So-Called Chaos. I have heard about 4 tracks so far from the upcoming record, and as an Alanis fan I am very excited and intrigued. So-Called Chaos was a complete flop commercially, and a flop in general for me. It did not feel like an Alanis record.

Alanis teamed up with Guy Sigsworth for this offering, who has worked with many artists including Madonna and Bjork. Interesting combination don't you think?

Here is the video for the lead single "Underneath"

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's because she wanted too. JLP brought her worldwide fame that she didn't know quite how to deal with. After JLP, she told many that she never wanted to create a piece of music ever again. Following spiritual journeys to India and other places, she felt more at ease with herself which allowed her to write again.

Alanis' best work has come following JLP in terms of rawness and emotional power. JLP was the album that affected everyone, her later records are much more personal and do not appeal to everyone. The money she made off of JLP and continues to make from it allows her to do that.

• Members

Alanis continues to try new sounds and ways to express herself. Flavors of Entanglement is the perfect blend of anger, sadness, and happiness. Alanis has struck a great balance and to my surprise her vocals fit perfectly with some of Guy Sigsworth more sonic and modern sounds. Very good fit.

Very good record. Shane, what are some of your favourite songs on the album?

I am in love with Versions of Violence and Moratorium and Straitjacket.

Archived