Y&R: Week of May 26, 2008

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My heart be still...is MAB writing the show week to week and my "Fire MAB and JG" thread shook her up?

Jess Walton has been phenomenal. Talk about an all star. Revenge is a dish best served ice cold. I LOVED it. At long last someone gave that dumb slag Gloria exactly what she deserved. You Go Jill! Work it like it's 1998!

Heather and Adam are great. Which shocks me because I couldn't stand Vail Bloom...but she's tolerable. She isn't a star and she isn't a great actress...but she's certainly tolerable as the Cricket of 2008.

Brad and Paul are both being utilized well. I really want to see a Paul/Nikki pairing, David/Nikki never worked, it's time to move on. Brad and Jill should hook up, they'd be hot together. I am also desperate for Sabrina/Victor to implode, I cannot stand Sabrina and her French bag of BS and her love of art, time to ship her off to wherever the hell she came from.

I do hope a good storyline is in the works for Jeanne Cooper...and not one that spells the end of Kay Chancellor. Katherine Chancellor is not allowed to leave Y&R until Jeanne Cooper is dead. Period! I would just be so upset. Kay Chancellor IS Y&R.

The show has substantially improved in comparison to the last few weeks, I hope this is positive momentum and that Hogan doesn't ruin it. He MUST be pro veteran, otherwise Y&R is f----d.

• Members

I loved the verbal smackdown Jill gave Gloria and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person than Glo. Who the hell did she think would like those foolish ideas? Scented passports? Perfume ankle bracelets? Bullshit ideas that alone warranted her firing. And I can't wait to see more of the Jill/Nikki bitchfest.

• Members

THANK YOU! I wanted to see it again! Good lord that was GREAT. Viva Jess Walton! Jill Abbott is BACK. And for me, the real sign that it was the real Jill was the way Jess recited her lines in this sort of 'sing song' way when she said 'beeelongings' like she used to back in the early 90s (Jill telling Kay that Rex is a Bum she pulled off the street being a great illustration of that: "I don't know who he is, I don't know where he's from but I could see the man had potential! So I cleeeaned him up and gaaave him a name, had clothes made for him, I bankrolled him and then I turned him loose to work his magic!"

It's that kind of sing song bitchy magic which makes me just swoon at Walton's magnificence. For God's sake MAB, JG, HS: DO NOT MESS WITH THE WALTON MAGIC!

• Members

^^^I'm just glad that characters are starting to act like themselves. Some are still kinda OOC like um...PHYLLIS but hopefully she'll be getting back what she lost when LML started writing her. I just don't want them to have to break up Phick to do it because I really think we could still get the REAL Phyllis and keep her with Nick. LML just dimantled her to have her fit with Nick when it wasn't needed. And I never thought I'd say this after the past two years but I'm LOVING Brad right now. This is how he's supposed to be. This scheming, sneaky SOB that will do whatever he has to do to get what he wants and I love how he's playing that fool David.

And how hot were Adam and Heather. Would have liked if they had interacted before today (maybe they could have bonded over their absent father issues and went from there) but oh well they are still hot. And who knew Heather was so foward. It's about time they really flesh out her character instead of keeping her in lawyer mode with only small glimpses of who she is.

And I can't forget the hoot that was Michael Baldwin the past couple of eppys. :lol:

• Members

Now wonder I liked the past 10 episodes. There were no Lily and Cane. Okay there was Cane, but without Lily. These two together are making me fall asleep. I really can't stand them together. It's a Latham coupling that needs to be broken as soon as possible. Meanwhile, at least Chloe always makes their scenes better. Meanwhile, Devon doesn't do anything to contribute.

• Members

Adam and Heather were even better than I expected! I hope this doesn't fall in the LML trap of being used for plot purposes and being forgotten when the lawsuit is wrapped up. Could also come in handy when Paul and Nikki finally get together.

The fierceness that came from Jill was no surprise to me. Just more greatness from Jess Walton that I always knew she had in her. If Hogan screws this up!!!! And those previews for Monday's show with Nikki look even better. The more Jill the better. I also enjoyed the scenes between Chloe, Lily and Devon. I would love for them to give Lily a proper love interest and then I might finally be able to enjoy her. I would also entertain a romantic relationship with Devon and Chloe. Of course Devon is never gonna get any lovin.

• Members

Touche.

Hopefully that'll be fixed since the show's on an upswing.

QUOTE (Chris B @ May 30 2008, 12:05 PM)
I would also entertain a romantic relationship with Devon and Chloe.

They would smoke together.

Victor Jr. & Heather are made of WIN too.

Archived