Y&R: Week of May 26, 2008

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

they suck. plain and simple.

gloria is too ott and there are no reactions for her actions. no punishment. nothing ever happens to her.

The ebst thing that could happen is gloria go backburner for a long time. i lvoe chapman, but it is too much gloria.

kevin, michael and esp lauren need storys without gloria not about gloria.

• Members

Don't worry you haven't missed anything. I think the Glo hate comes from the fact that for a while there she was on everyday scheming and getting away with what seemed like EVERYTHING. I realize that she was susposed to be Jack's nemesis but (IMO) she became too cartoonish (the only thing she didn't do was twirl a mustache ). Glo's misdeeds trumped Jack's. Fans who disliked Jack loved Glo because she was getting over on him, but then her actions ( especially thoses that didn't involve Jack) became just too much. I think the her lack of remorse also played a part.

I'm one of those who love to hate GloHo and the more over the top Chapman plays her the more I liked her. I wouldn't compare the BaldFish's to the Q's however because not all of Q's are ruthless while the BF clan includes a grifter, an unscrupulous lawyer, a criminal minded sibling and a clueless daughter-in-law. I would compare the BF's to the Santo's family formally of GL.

I'm can't wait for Nikki to go against Jil and hire Glo back. Because yes she(Nikki)is that dumb, so let the games begin.

• Members

A character like Lillie Belle, Mamie, Dina, etc. is similar to Jill because you have an older female who can add conflict to an existing family and all listed are bitchy, in some cases, devious characters like Gloria. Lillie Belle in particular was satanic. You could bring these people back, write new stories and still fill the void of Gloria while keeping the show fresh.

Gloria has never been Gloria for me since Joan Van Ark left. I think staying at Y&R would've prevented her from having so much plastic surgery as well. She wouldn't have enough time off to recover. It's a win win, she saves what's left of her looks and the viewers have a more complex character to enjoy. The writers ruined Gloria by so severely rewriting the character to fit Chapman.

Archived