B&B: Week of April 28, 2008

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you, esp. on the Felicia part. BUT...it is pathetic when we wish for cross-overs because an actress is neglected on her own show.

Honestly, Y&R is not using many of THEIR top performers effectively...so adding more people to the canvas who don't help otu with that seems problematic. That said...Paul and Felicia could be VERY hot. Except...wouldn't Paul then want to go to LA to see his son Ricky?

You know, that would be an interesting device, if they could pull it off. Have two characters have a bicoastal romance and keep showing up on each other's shows? Felicia + Paul. She has to keep coming to GC to oversee Restless Style business, and he has to keep going to LA to see his son. I wonder if a story could be told with some form of continuity, over both shows, without REQUIRING the viewers to watch the other show?

Maybe the way to do it is this way: When in GC, Felicia deals with some ongoing Restless Style problem (e.g., Phyllis keeps sabotaging her ideas...I'm not sure what would work), and Paul is her support. Lots of frequent romantic interludes. Maybe Paul agrees to help Felicia try to bring Phyllis down and does some investigating....maybe eventually figuring out that Phyllis ran him down and made him impotent all those years ago. They can also RECAP his B&B scenes...where he is trying to build a relationship with his (now teenage and rebellious son) Ricky.

Then, on B&B, the story arc could be about Paul trying to build a relationship with Ricky. As the son of Eva Longoria, Ricky could be BEAUTIFUL. (And, of course, part Latino). So, Felicia could figure out one way to give Ricky purpose would be to employ him as a model (for the men's couture line that Brooke started, but that seems to have been dropped) for Forrester. This would both diversify the B&B canvas, and give Phoebe/Steffy a legitimate non-family love interest. Paul could have lots of scenes of frustrated confrontation. And lots of romantic interludes. Again, on B&B they could also recap Felicia's problems with Phyllis on Y&R.

I'd love to see the shows try this. Of course, it couldn't go on forever. Eventually, I think, they'd either need to break up or they'd need to commit to one show.

[As a side note, I hope Paul eventually gets therapy regarding why he constantly abandons his children, even though he claims he wants kids].

• Members

lazy writing? lol...

I do not want Felicia on Y&R because they have enough people they do not use. Also there is no storyline Felicia can be hat Ashley cant be in, well aside from a romance with say Jack.

Y&R needs to work on phyliss, lauren, jill, and many other woman first.

I would love to see some bi-costalness re bb/yr crossovers. People like ashley, felicia, lauren, paul could really work at that. but at the same time things could get lost in translation between bb/yr

• Members

That was one of the best episodes in a looooong time. KKL and WdV were teh ones who made it all worth while.And JG was good also,too bad she seems forver stuck with grandpa.I didn´t like HeTH/Katie and AJ/Bridget at all! They were a dud.If this dose´t give KKL the Emmy nothing will :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't think B&B will ever win an Emmy, too many sh*tty network blockvoter shanigagins, - although I consider the April 29 episode their best episode ever - but I sure hope Cynthia J. Popp wins at least a DGA award next year...

The directing was amazing. So was the writing, the acting and of of course B&B lighting directors went for grande cathedral illusions once again. Loved it! The whole episode centered in the hospital, yet I haven't found a single episode of Grey's Anatomy this season remotely as compelling. Great job of everyone involved, daytime teaching primetime a lesson with a minimum budget. B&B is Emmy winner of the hearts in 2009. :P

Archived