B&B: Week of April 28, 2008

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just saying it was a cheesy effect, piling 30 extras in Brooke's way after she heard a gun shot. And then no one got there ahead of her.

Sorry...I think Gareis can't cry worth a damn. Now, her scream when she got to the room Storm was in...that was good.

And I thought some of the dialogue at Katie's bedside just blew. It was one of those times when saying less would have meant more. "Sister, dear sister, see you in heaven...blah blah..." I just wanted to scream STFU.

• Members

I loved the slow-mo thing.

The ending actually surprised me a little. I figured they were going to end it with the flashbacks, have the screen go dark, and we hear a gunshot and that's it. And then come in tomorrow with what Brooke/Donna heard. But I liked the way they did it anyway.

• Members

*rushes to find a proxy so I can watch this episode online* That's the joys of being Canadian... American networks blow chunks, we make up a huge section of their fanbase and they can't even make episodes available for us?

Gotta see this!!

• Members

It is the new stealth-CBS. Nuke kisses...no promo. B&B big event...no promo.

I am fine with this. Actually, I'm loving it.

We're being surprised again...and as spoiler-seeking as I am (because I have no self-discipline) this makes for MUCH more enjoyable soap. Indeed, spoilers are killing the industry, I think.

So, I hope these surprises keep coming without promo.

• Members

This is a soap opera...maybe just maybe Storm survives! This is the land of Sheila Carter so anything goes.

If he WDV does leave, I'll feel bad for him. He's such an amazing person and the only actor with whom I ever connected with when I was talking to him.

• Members

Maybe Prince Omar takes a liking to him, replaces his corpse with a wax figure, spirits him to the Middle East, and gives him a new brain. The new brain is free of psychopathology, so a new and better Storm returns!

• Members

This was, hands down, the best B&B episode in at least the last 5 years.

KKL brings the A game, JG was actually good, JW pulled himself together, WD worked it...I am simply impressed.

Daytime has become so spoiler filled that most storylines lose their punch. Not this time, this episode punched me in the gut and then bitchslapped me across the face with how good it was. Absolutely stunning! Props to Brad and the Writing Team, Michael Stich directing, all the producers, the extras, everything! THAT is how you go out with a bang.

• Members

I loved WVD even as evil Michael Cambias on AMC, and Storm had so much more humanity to him! He was heartbreaking today, making the ultimate, sad, and twisted sacrifice to save Katie! I love VI's David too, and I expect to enjoy him even more now that MAB is actually starting to develop him, unlike LML! :)

• Members

OMG. OMG, OMG, OMG. OMG, OMG, OMG! OMG!!!. Classic, CLASSIC episode. FANTASTIC writing by Janice Ferri Esser, great directing, great productions values, the flashbacks, the haunting music, GOD! Defo the best episode for a long, long time. The building to Storm's suicide! WOW! My favorite moment was actually when the shot is heard and Brooke runs out in slow motion--it looked so real, so heartbreaking. Jennifer Gareis was actually quite good and the way Brooke sat next to Storm and show the picture on his hand... KKL's acting was superb at that moment. The way she realized that Storm had made one final, twisted sacrifice for Katie and didn't need the letter to know just showed that this woman actually has a MIND! LOVED it. From beginning to end.

Archived