Telemarketers

Sundance

• Members

If you have not already registered your phone number on the National Do-Not-Call Registry, here is a link so you can register your number. https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

This should stop many of the annoying telemarketer calls!

I have Caller ID and Privacy Manager. If the number in unknown, the phone won't ring. If its one of those 800 or 866 numbers, I don't answer. They can leave a message. If for some reason I happen to answer the phone and its a telemarketer, I simply say nothing and hang up. I don't think that is being rude. I just saved the caller some time. Other times I would just set the phone down by a radio and go away leaving the caller. Those telemarketers are the rude ones. I pay for my phone. They don't have a right to use it. I once told some telemarketer that he should get a real job. He didn't like that very well.

I used to have a message on my answering machine that said, "please leave a message just to prove you are not a telemarketer."

Even if you're on the Do Not Call registry, the occasional call gets thru. Here's a site to register a complaint:

http://www.callercomplaints.com/

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I respond by being a rational human being and saying "No thanks, not interested" because I know these are people just doing their job and are not the evil company they work which they despise just like you do. But I guess thats just me ...

• Members

Well..I've gotten calls from telemarketers and they give me the attitude (which makes me mad because it's not of my fault) when I respond that they have the wrong number like I'm lying about it or something. So, I guess with this subject, it's a two-way street here. And I don't look at it from the financial aspect of things of who makes more money. That's irrelevant and I could care less on that part.

Archived