CBS Creates New Daytime Executive Position

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've definitely heard more about ABC soaps (AMC specifically) than CBS soaps, even if the latter is of a higher quality (IMO). Well, except for OLTL.

But CBS doesn't have the daytime programming like "The View" to promote it as extensively. And Soapnet is owned by Disney so of course it's going to give plugs all up and down for ABC shows.

I can't wait to see how this lady's gonna promote CBS.

• Members

This is certainly a vote of confidence in daytime at CBS. Also, it appears that CBS is committed to marketing and making the most money it possibly can from its soaps. There appears to be a more comprehensive approach to daytime programming at CBS which I find commendable.

ABC is a farce and I'll say this for NBC: at least they don't pretend to give a damn.

• Members

I hope the first thing Ms. Newman do is tell them they have to hire new writers that can help bring them in the 21st century & stop writing stupid crap like everybody wants to see a young stupid girl & pregnance. I'm talking about You Y&R & OLTL.

• Members

I agree with you about OLTL.....that story is old news. Now if they had done it back in the '70s around the time of Roe v. Wade it would have created much more of a stir, but now...who cares? I don't. Honestly though, I think the story would be much more interesting if Cardboard Cole weren't involved. The poor boy couldn't show genuine emotion if you ran over his foot.

Archived