GL: Caitlin Van Zant had Gastric Bypass for a storyline?

• Members

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Suds+R...lson.htm?isfa=1

Guiding Light, Global/CBS — Reva and Dinah join forces!

— Soap Opera Weekly shocked the you-know-what out of me after they suggested that Caitlin Van Zandt may have had lap-band surgery in tandem with her character, Ashlee for an upcoming social issue storyline. Hello — when was the last time GL wrote one of those? Be very afraid, people, because I am.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really, really doubt that they forced her to do it, or even suggested it. Any surgery has risks, and I assume there would be legal implications if they did.

If she did have a surgery, I think it's far more likely that they actress wanted it, and the writers saw an opportunity to write it in.

• Members

In the episode where she goes to the Dr. I did notice there was some weight loss. I highly doubt that she did it for the storyline or because the show's producers suggested it.

I'm not happy that they are writing this storyline for Ashlee, even if the actress did have the procedure.

• Members

Maybe the actress wanted it and TPTB took advantage of it and wrote it into the storyline, like what happened with Jeanne Cooper on Y&R with plastic surgery. I doubt Wheeler would ask CVZ to undergo the procedure.

• Members

As somebody who hasn't been watching GL much anymore, I can definitely see a difference in her weight already. That girl used to be *big*, to be honest with ya. It's silly to think GL would ask or tell the actress to do the surgery for the sake of the story. So many times in daytime, a storyline in the result of something the actor has done in real life (i.e. plastic surgery, cochlear implants, etc.)

Archived