OLTL: Gigi's Ex Has Been Cast

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont get why we're getting so down on OLTL casting new actors. The show currently has the most ballance between new, old and vet characters that I can remember. Soaps need new characters to keep themselves fresh, and as long as we're still seeing the established characters in storylines and the new characters are working out - they're doing everything they should be doing. So far, their recent additions have all worked out (ie the Paris TX diner crew, Jared and Charlie, Gigi, Talia. Ramsey's turning out to be an ok villain) , so I think we should have faith the writers know what they're doing.

I think we've all see how bad it can get when a soap revolves around the same group of 15 people for too long (Days of Our Lives)

• Members

I agree, soaps need new characters who are not related to veteran characters to keep storylines fresh. One Life to Live has done a great job in integrating the recent newbies without forcing them down the viewers throats.

I do not think this new character will be a contract player unless he is CJ roberts. Why can't this guy be CJ?? Wasn't he last seen as a child? Gigi came from Michigan, last heard CJ was stationed in Michigan (Navy). Maybe he is going by a nickname?

While this Brody character may be a temporary character, there are many possible s/l's if it does turn out to be CJ. It will be interesting to see what RC has up his sleeve.

Archived