DAYS: New Mickey

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know what to think about this. You get someone like Dobson, you should use them. But Mickey has been nothing more than a glorified extra for about twenty years on this show. (yes, there was the Bonnie story...and yes, he was involved with Melissa and Sarah's returns in the late 80's... but honestly, it's not like this character has ever really been needed except for history's sake and to please long-term fans. Of which I am one, but still... I can acknowledge that Mickey's absence was more of an annoying quirk rather than something desperately needed to save the show)

So unless there's some huge Horton story planned, this just seems like a waste. We'll see, I guess...

• Members

I dont think it is a waste. Mickey Horton is needed on days for the same reason alice is. not so much for story, but for that emotional family connection to history. charistmas and thanxgiving is odd without him. weddings are odd without him. in that way he is needed, because he hasnt died.

i also wouldnt mind bringing this guy on for a few months just to kill mickey down the line.

anyways, i hope it gives us more suzanne rogers

• Members

I'm happy with this news...The new casting director is really on a roll, bringing in all these experienced actors...Having seen recent pictures of Dobson i think this could work..He and Suzanne should have a great chemistry also...And i'm happy to have this prominent Horton back, hopefully this means the Horton's are hear to stay...As for the de-aging issue, they did it with Mike years ago..And age's get tweaked all the time on Days, look at Max, Belle, Shawn, Chelsea and EJ..

• Members

Couldn't they just kill Mickey now? I mean, he could be away on business, and Maggie gets a phone call that he died of a heart attack in his hotel room, or something.

I'm not saying casting Kevin Dobson is a bad idea, necessarily. However, the more I think about this, the more I question whether he's right for Mickey Horton.

• Members

I wanted them to kill Mickey for the last couple year, it just seemed like the perfect way to give Maggie a big story..But they never did it, Mickey was just MIA for the last couple years and it was annoying...Now that they've killed Shawn Sr. i don't want to see Mickey killed, we've already had too much death lately..Also if you kill Mickey you would need Alice on for her son's death, and i don't think Francis is able to work much...As she only worked twice last year and couldn't work in February..

Archived